October 14, Thursday, 2021 @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:01PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kelly Kennedy.
Board Members Absent: Kathy Carroll.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed and approved unanimously 9/14/21 meeting minutes.
- Accounting. Reviewed. Patricia explained there were still some discrepancies in FY21 that she has been in contact with the Treasurer and Accountant about since the beginning of this calendar year. FY21 is not closed out yet. Patricia inquired with Brandi Page, Town Administrator, regarding the discrepancies. No response yet.
- Rec Center. Harmony Hall will be included as an article on the Special Town Meeting scheduled for 11/16/21. There will be an info meeting scheduled prior to the Special Town Meeting so people can ask questions, etc. The article /vote will determine the future of Harmony Hall.
- Usage – Cardio Room, Wi-Fi, Pool Tables. No update regarding the keypad/access – still handing out keys.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online wellness programs. Continuing online Inspirations.
- In-person classes/programs.
- Jewelry Workshop. Great reviews, participants would like to see these workshops twice a year.
- Paint & Sip Workshop. Scheduled for 10/16/21, Saturday, 1:00-3:00PM.
- Wood Design Workshop. Scheduled for 11/13/21, Saturday, 1:00-4:00PM.
- Other programs.
- Gingerbread House Event. 12/11 setup of kits, 12/12 hand out kits.
- Otis Ridge Ski Voucher Program. Running half of original agreement due to Covid.
- Ski Butternut Tubing Voucher Program. Not available due to Covid.
- Trunk or Treat. Patricia will speak with Chief Dan & Mass Highway about portable lights for the event at Otis Ridge.
- Harmony Hall, article – Special Town Meeting, November 16, 2021 – see #4.
- 100 Acre Park.
- Town Beach. Closed for the season. Patricia mentioned to the Commission that the Maintenance Supervisor, Jim Crandall is retiring in January.
- Old Business.
- New Business. New class (trial) starting in January, Journey Dance, more info to come.
Meeting adjourned at: 6:50PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.