September 14, Tuesday, 2021 @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:08PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll, Kelly Kennedy.
Board Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Unanimously approved.
- FY21 Report. Final. Reviewed. Patricia noted that Rec spent over $5,000 in monies from the Revolving account due to the switch of some programming due to Covid. These programs were not originally part of the FY21 budget therefore they could not be paid out of the regular Rec budget.
- FY22 Budget. Reviewed.
- Rec Center
- Cardio Room, Wi-Fi, Pool Tables. 1. The keypad access system at the Rec Center is not working anymore. This system was originally installed in 2007 and hasn’t been updated since. Both Jim (Maint Supervisor) and Patricia are researching a replacement system. There are no monies in either the Rec & Maintenance Department budgets for this item. This will need to be discussed with administration. At this point in time keys are being issued to Rec Center users. 2. Discussed Covid safety measures at the Rec Center – currently people need to make a room reservation and clean the area/equipment they use before and after. Deep disinfecting is done once a week. People that are not vaccinated are asked to wear a mask.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online wellness programs. Discussed – Inspirations with Viktoria continuing for October 2021.
- In-person classes/programs.
- Jewelry Workshop. Scheduled for 9/18/21. Participants will be distanced accordingly due to Covid safety precautions. Participants that are not vaccinated are asked to wear a mask.
- Paint & Sip Workshop. Scheduled for 10/16/21. Registrations are starting to come in.
- Other programs.
- Gingerbread House Event. Discussed. This is event will NOT be in-person. To-go kits will be available this year. 12/11/21 setup, 12/12/21 pickup of kits.
- Otis Ridge Ski Voucher Program.
- Trunk or Treat. Registrations are already coming in for trick or treaters and vehicle decorators. Patricia will keep updated with the Board of Health regarding Covid safety precautions.
- Wood Design Workshop. This would be an in-person workshop. Tentatively being scheduled for November.
- Snowman Contest. Discussed, will be offering this contest again this winter.
- 100 Acre Park. Jim Crandall, Maintenance Supervisor, emailed an update. Trees have been marked and project will be going out to bid soon after discussion at 9/14/21 Select Board meeting.
- Town Beach. No update.
- Library Fair. Cancelled due to Covid.
- Memos. None.
- Old Business.
- New Business. It was brought to the Recreation Commission’s attention that there has been discussion about Harmony Hall being placed on the upcoming Town Meeting as an article – to have an info meeting and discuss the future of the building. The Otis Historical Commission has submitted a letter of support and their intentions of renovations for Harmony Hall and would like this information, along with an estimate for the renovation, to be included at the info meeting. Estimate has been reviewed with Steve McAlister, the Town’s Preservation Architect.
Meeting adjourned at: 6:40PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.