October 29, 2019, Tuesday @ 6:00PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Dana Pustinger, 6:00PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Present: Dana Pustinger, Jen Catolane.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer, Kathy Carroll.
Others Present: None.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes.
- Town Accountant Reports.
- Rec Center Reports.
- Update on new Town Accounting software.
- Rec Center.
- Planning Board meeting regarding Harmony Hall 9/17/18.
- All Board’s update.
- Welcome Packets.
- Historical Commission storage. Rec items moved from small room to Rec Hall, dispose of two old couches. Historical Commission will use the small room upstairs (it will be locked) for storage. Rec will still store chairs & a couple file cabinets in this room.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Program Breakdown report.
- Sandisfield Recreation Committee. Discussed possibility – collaborate with them on an activity at Sunny Rose Horse Farm in Sandisfield?
- Basket Weaving Workshop. Full.
- Bus Trip.
- Butternut Tubing – review criteria.
- Gingerbread House Event.
- Volunteers. Need for Friday, setup and Saturday, event (setup & cleanup).
- Digital Camera, portable printer – request to Technology Committee. Need by early December prior to event.
- Otis Ridge – review criteria. We received two surveys from last season about possibly increasing the maximum to request per calendar date from three to four with decreasing the seasonal limit. Discussed. Vote: Dana, 3; Jen, 4. Item will continue to next month’s agenda for vote. Reminder to people that use the vouchers – if not using notify Rec ASAP so they can still be used for that date.
- Paint & Sip.
- Ski Helmet Days – inventory. Kenver?
- Swim Lessons 2020.
- Town Beach.
- Play Ship/Playground. Waiting on designs/quotes.
- Activity reported. Police Department will do more patrols.
- Old Business.
- New Business. Patricia met with a playground rep at the East Otis Schoolhouse to discuss possibilities. Spacing is very limited and currently the landscaping is not ADA compliant. Note: correct driveway and parking lot are not on this parcel of land (yet).
Meeting adjourned at: 6:44PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.