April 27, 2021, Tuesday @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:00PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Absent: Dana Pustinger.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Alternate. Kelly Kennedy has expressed an interest. Patricia will review position and responsibilities.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Tabled to next meeting.
- FY21 Report. Reviewed.
- Revolving & Donation Accounts. Need balance carried forward from last fiscal year. Have requested this balance several times from Accountant. Memo to BOS re balance on accounts.
- FY22 Budget Proposal. Haven’t received draft from Brandi yet with revisions. Brandi emailed Rec that no programming has been cut and program supervisor’s hours are the same, not as proposed. All staff (instructors & program supervisor) receiving COLA.
- Capital Proposal – update. BOS/FB put Town Beach playground equipment on hold and want to do a site visit.
- Rec Center.
- Town Article. Community member notified Rec Comm that a draft article for Harmony Hall was included as an agenda item on a recent Select Board meeting. Rec was not notified by Administration. A community member contacted Patricia, Patricia attended the meeting. Article discussed indicated either putting $200K towards repairs to Harmony Hall or demolishing it. There was discussion from the community and Select Board tabled it..
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online wellness programs. Dance your Joy will not be continued due to low attendance. All other classes remain online. Patricia asked the instructors to inquire with the participants about their comfort level about in-person classes.
- Boredom Boxes. Discussed, plan to do one for the summertime.
- Project Proposal. The proposal (sewing 101 for kids) as written was denied. Inquire with Maggie Quigley if she’d be interested in running a workshop instead.
- Spring programs. Screen Free week is scheduled for May 2021, but no plans have been made yet by FRRSD PTA.
- Summer programs. 1. Discussed having two performers (possibly Ed Pop & Zoo on the Go) – one in July & one in August and not having the Obstacle Challenge this year. 2. Patricia mentioned there’s a newer trampoline park (indoors) located in Westfield. Rec Comm would like to find out if there are group tickets available. 3. Patricia attended the 4/26/21 All Board’s meeting (Zoom) and provided a brief update of Rec Comm activity, programming and the Town Beach opening and sand replenishment. Also included that Rec Comm submitted both FY21 & FY22 capital expenses for Town Beach playground equipment which was denied by BOS/FB. Patricia will continue to research for possible grants.
- Old Business. Exercise equipment maintenance is scheduled for May 2021.
- New Business.
Meeting adjourned at: 6:29PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.