Otis Library & Museum February Minutes*
Thursday, March 10, 2022, 6:00 PM
* Meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law on Zoom
Members present – Diane Dyer, Chair, James Adams, Kathy Bort, Sue Brofman, Susan Ebitz, Lois Hall, Donna Rich and Celeste Watman
Chair Diane Dyer called the meeting to order at 6:02 PM.
Approval of Minutes
- Donna made a motion, seconded by Celeste to approve the January Meeting Minutes. The motion was unanimously passed.
- Donna made a motion, seconded by Sue B. to approve the February MBLC Interview Meeting Minutes. The motion was unanimously passed.
- Celeste made a motion, seconded by Donna to approve the February Meeting Minutes. The motion was unanimously passed.
Treasurer’s reports: Sue B. reported that the library will be billed $6,660 for the geological survey required for the Small Library Pilot Project. A motion was made by Susan E., seconded by Donna to accept the February Treasurer’s Report. The treasurer’s report was unanimously approved.
Director’s Report: * (Unedited)
- Attendance Increasing 15 -20 per day
- Delivery Increasing 3-4 bins per week
- Acquisitions 50 items / 30 Otis Library 20 FRRS
- Diversity Otis Grant 15 items backordered enough for one more community read & items for Summer Reading…. enough materials for now
- Small Library Pilot Project refer to email from Lauren today status vote in April Application is Complete…. will be in touch before then
Refer to Larry’s email today geologic survey completed, as
expected, final report submitted, copy available at the library
- Laminator purchased and received from Otis Cultural Council $1700.34
3-year Warranty 219.99
Total Otis Library 622.55
- Mask Policy Proposed: As of March 11, 2022, the Otis Library will not require masks for entry or facility usage. For your safety masks are encouraged if you have not been vaccinated. The Otis Library will continue to monitor the health metrics of our community and the Director will adjust policies accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Library Usage Proposed: The library may be used for small group meetings and activities. Social Distancing will be reduced to reasonable standards.
- Fair – Proposed: July 9th 10:00 to 3:00 vendors $40 prior June 1, $45 after
A motion was made by Susan E. that was seconded by Sue B. to accept the Director’s report as written. The motion was passed Unanimously.
- 59 pairs of pajamas have been donated to the library as part of the Boston Bruins
- The group decided to hold hybrid monthly meetings moving forward
- Fair – The fair will be called “The Otis Library Country Fair.” There will be no charge for nonprofit groups to bring their own table to distribute information. Celeste will be donating a chain saw for the raffle. There was discussion about how to structure the raffle. Discussion will continue at next month’s meeting.
Motion to adjourn was made by Susan E. and seconded by Sue B. The meeting was adjourned at 6:42.
Susan Ebitz, Recording Secretary
Next Meeting: April 14, 2022,
Future Meetings: May 12, 2022, June 9, 2022