February 17, 2022, Thursday, 2022 @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:06PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll, Kelly Kennedy.
Board Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed 11/18/21 meeting minutes, approved unanimously.
- Accounting. Reviewed FY22. Requested both Donation & Revolving Accounting reports (cumulative) from Town Accountant, Margaret McClellan, and no response.
- FY23 Budget Proposal. No update.
- Rec Center. Patricia will be scheduling preventive maintenance for the exercise equipment within the next few months.
- Usage. Increasing. A “walk through” the Rec Center with Brandi Page (Town Administrator), Jen Catolane & Patricia Richard was done recently- Jen & Patricia explaining how important the gym is to the community, along with pointing out necessities (program inventory, etc.) to run the department along with the office. This was arranged to find out what Rec needs to run the department if moved – no location was discussed. It’s likely that wherever Rec is moved there will not be room for the exercise equipment. Brandi requested sign-in sheets for usage before Covid and after the building was re-opened to the public in July 2021.
- Building Access – keypad system still not working. About 50-60 keys have been handed out since the building opened in July (keypad is still not working). Maintenance has put monies in their FY23 budget for the keypad system.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online wellness programs. Attendance/viewing is increasing with online Inspirations.
- In-person classes/programs. Jen inquired about programming for Men. Patricia mentioned that she would do some research of neighboring Rec Dept to find out what their offerings are. Drop-in basketball was discussed some time ago, but we couldn’t find someone to commit to being the point person at basketball.
- Basket Weaving Workshop. Tentatively scheduled for 6/11/22, Saturday, at the Town Hall.
- Easter Egg Hunt. Scheduled for 4/9/22, Saturday, 11AM, no games, only the egg hunt. Discussed – free to Otis residents/Otis taxpayers, $5/Non-Otis.
- Intuitive Painting Workshop. Tentatively scheduling in July or August.
- Jewelry Workshop. Tentatively scheduling in June.
- Otis Ridge Vouchers. There have been more incidents of people requesting vouchers, not using them and not contacting the Rec Center within a time period to issue them to other folks, therefore vouchers have been going to waste. This was mainly happening to weekend vouchers. Discussed – no more credit tallies permitted.
- Paint & Sip Workshop.
- Wood Sign Design Workshop. Scheduled for 5/14/22, Saturday, at the Town Hall.
- Performer. Ed Pop scheduled for 7/16/22, Saturday, at the Town Hall. Patricia will contact the ice cream truck, and Rec will provide bottled water.
- Town Website. Patricia explained how there have been ongoing issues with the online registrations through the module with the Town website. She has contacted the website and IT consultants and we’re still not receiving all the registrations. Payment options were discussed recently with the group that met with the website consultant. There are options available in WordPress but these payments methods are not approved by the Treasurer, Karen Fink. The only payment method approved by the Treasurer is UniPay. We would like to offer a payment method that is easy for folks (as well as processing internally) – a method that is convenient and user friendly.
- Harmony Hall, article – Special Town Meeting, May 17, 2022. This will not be included on the Special Town Meeting. Select Board is discussing.
- Rec Dept location. Unknown.
- Memos. None.
- Old Business. None.
- New Business. Zoom meeting have been extended by the State until July 2022.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:05PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.