OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MINUTES APRIL 18, 2018
Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Carol Lombardo, Shanon Albee, Deb Fogel, Mary Jo Engels, Arlene Tolopko
Absentees: Vicki Ernst, Diane Provenz, Robert Turnbough, Ilona Packie
- The meeting was called to order at 7:05PM
- Approval of minutes – Carol Lombardo made a motion to approve the minutes of the March 21, 2018 meeting. The motion was approved.
- Shanon Albee presented the financial report. It was accepted
- Chair Report – Jeanne Randorf reported that the Cultural Council budget request was approved by the Otis Select Board and will be voted on at the Annual Town Meeting.
- Recycling – Report given by Deb Fogel. $750 check was received from recycling proceeds. The committee is requesting an accounting from AMVETS which has not yet been received.
- Upcoming Events
- Thanks-a-bunch lunch will be held on May 9, 2018 at Fratelli’s restaurant at noon. Jeanne Randorf will send out invitations.
- Tag Sale – Jeanne Randorf gave the report. The sale will take place on May 26, 2018 from 9AM to 3 PM. Walter and Mary Jo Engels and Arlene Tolopko will handle the setup and vendor arrival.
- Community Picnic and Concert – Jeanne Randorf gave the report. Event will be held June 16th at the Pavilion. The committee decided not to put an ad in the June 2018 Otis Gazette. An announcement will be placed in the Otis Observer. Ilona Packie will have flyers made for May. Tables and benches have been removed from the Pavilion. This issue needs to be addressed. Jeanne Randorf will arrange for placement of entrance flags. Mary Jo Engels will arrange for the band food from Katie’s Country Store. Wanda Houston will perform.
- Community Square Dance – Dance will be held August 18, 2018 from 6:30PM to 8:30PM at the Otis Fire Department driveway. The dance will be held in Otis Town Hall in case of inclement weather. Arlene Tolopko will coordinate the event.
- Otis Cultural Council Arts Festival – Will be held September 1, 2018 at the Farmington River School from 9:00 AM until 3:00PM. Deb Fogel will coordinate this event. Save The Date information was sent out. Fifteen vendors have replied to date. Music and food vendor to be addressed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM. The next meeting will be held May 16, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mary Jo Engels