OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MINUTES – MAY 16, 2018 MINUTES
Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Arlene Tolopko, Deb Fogel, Ilisa Sulner, Vicki Ernst, Robert Turnbough, Shanon Albee, Mary Jo Engels
Absentees: Carol Lombardo, Diane Provenz, Mary Anne Cicchillo
- Meeting was called to order at 6:10PM
- Arlene Tolopko made a motion to accept the minutes of April 18, 2018. Minutes approved.
- Financial Report – postponed until next meeting.
- Chair reports
- Jeanne Randorf and Vicki Ernst are now non-voting members. They will reapply to become voting members.
- Community survey will be taken at Sup-N-Swing.
- Feedback from recent events
- FREES photography exhibit will be moving from the school this month to the Otis library.
- Water color workshop went well.
- Thanks-a-Bunch lunch went well.
- Upcoming events
- Tag sale – Ads have been placed in local papers. Flyers have been distributed.
Fee will be $10 for residents, $15 for non-residents
Arlene Tolopko will collect fees from vendors when they arrive and help with setup.
Robert Turnbough will assist with breakdown at the end of the sale.
- Sup-N-Swing will be held June 16th at 6 PM. A vote was taken by the committee regarding placing an ad for the event in the Otis Gazette. Since an ad was already in the Otis Observer, the vote was no.
- Campfire singalong –August 4, 4:00PM. This is a library event that we are supporting.
- Square Dance – August 18th at the Otis firehouse at 6:00PM.
- Arts Festival – September 1 9:00AM-3:00PM at the Farmington River school. Eighteen crafters have responded to date.
- The meeting was adjourned at 7:15PM
Next meeting will be on June20, 2018 @ 600PM.
Mary Jo Engels, Recording secretary.