Cultural Council Meeting Minutes 03/21/2018

Minutes of Mar. 21, 2018 meeting


  1. Call to order 6 P.M

Present: Shanon Albee, Deb Fogel, Bob Turnbough, Jeanne Randorf, Carol Lombardo, Arlene Tolopko


  1. Approval of the Minutes of Nov. 8, 2017

Minutes approved


III. Reports

  1. Financial report (Shanon)

1.Current status of accounts

Shanon handed our financial report as of March 21,2018.

All finances are up to date and we are doing well


  1. Chair report ( Jeanne)
  2. Membership status- 7 voting members
  3. Winter activities
  4. Annual report to the MCC – report is done
  5. Annual report to the town to be printed in the Town Report. Done
  6. Budget request to the town – Letter written and submitted in February
  7. Programs in progress- Michael Flowers photography program for                FRRES students
  8. Lee High Drama Club presented ‘Shrek – the musical’ with support from                       Otis council.


  1. Recycling program

We have questions about finances. Arlene and Deb will talk to Mark & Tom

About our concerns. We could use some additional help with the



  1. Upcoming events
  2. Thanks-a-Bunch Lunch and Gardener recruitment.

Date for the lunch is May 9, at Fratelli’s. Gardener’s will be contacted. Ilona

Will be asked to help us out.

  1. Tag Sale – Vickie will do all the pre- work for the event. The date is Sat.

May 26, from 9:00-3:00. We need people to work the morning set-up.

All posters most be up dated.

  1. Community picnic and concert – June 16 with Wanda Houston.

We still need a venue for this event. Otis Ridge is a possibility. Arlene

will speak to Don Hawley to see if we can use Izaak Walton field.

  1. Cliff Brodeur proposal – square dance at the fire house August 18 (1st)

Choice or Aug. 11. Time will be from 6:30- 8:30. We need to check with

the Fire Chief to approve the date.

  1. Arts Festival – after discussion, the committee decided to hold the event on

Labor Day weekend again this year – on Saturday, Sept 1. Deb & Carol

have agreed to organize it again this year, and will start contacting                                    vendors.  Jeanne will acquire the facilities request form.


  1. Other business- none


VII. Next meeting – April 18, 2018 at 6:00.