OTIS MA CULTURAL COUNCIL
Minutes February 10, 2021
- Meeting called to order: 7:03PM
- Minutes of September 16, 2020 Deb Fogel made a motion to approve said minutes. Arlene Tolopko seconded the minutes. Minutes approved.
- Chair report – The Otis Cultural Council received the following amounts:
$5,000 Town of Otis, $4,000 MA Cultural Council, $200 donation. Jeanne Randorf recommended keeping funds aside for flower barrels which was approved.
- Shanon Albee gave the financial report which was accepted.
- Grant voting – The following grants were approved and were reported in the Otis Observer last month:
- FRRES – Grade 5 visit to Old Sturbridge $700
- FRRES Arts program production $900
- Michael Flower – Visual Frontiers $648
- FRRES Musical Instrument Enrichment and Loaner Program $900
- Farmington River Ensemble recorded performances $1,940
- Diverse Otis literature project $850 Leigha Chaffee
- Diversity posters project $500
- Lights Bright Art Program $100
Workshop – Nature programs at Old Baldy Wildlife Sanctuary $300
Performances – Triple Shadow, “The Belle of Amherst” $500
Donations – The following will receive a donation of $200 each: Becket Arts Center, Open Studios DriveAbout, Bidwell House Museum, “Art close to home”, Ice Fire sculpture, The WAM Theatre, Berkshire South Community Center program.
The following will receive a donation of $100: “BelCanto Opera”, “Bad News Jazz & Blues Orchestra”
- The meeting schedule for 2021 was distributed. Meetings will take place on the third Wednesday at 6:00PM. The March meeting was cancelled. The next meeting will be held on April 21, 2021 at 6:00PM
- The meeting adjourned at 9:11PM