Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday July 19, 2022 – 6:00 PM
Location: Otis Town Hall, One North Main Road, Otis, MA 01253
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, August 16, 2022 @ 6:00 PM, Remotely via Zoom
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 8/16/22 meeting is Wednesday, August 3, 2022, by 6:00 p.m.
- *** This Meeting Will be an IN-PERSON Meeting at Otis Town Hall ***
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: June 21, 2022 Remote Meeting minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Curt Thiem, 18 Elm Lane, map 16B lot 20, regarding the removal of three damaged/dead trees within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Daniel Murray, 79 D’Wolfe Drive, map 7B lot 4, regarding the removal of three damaged trees within the BZ of Watson Pond (Creek Pond).
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Town of Otis Highway Dept., Reservoir Road, map 15C/16B, regarding the removal of nine trees along the roadway, removal & replacement of 12 cross culverts that are in poor condition & full depth reclamation of exiting road to rebuild asphalt surface.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by John Alicandri, 207 Brookman Drive, map 18C lot 54, regarding the removal of existing wooden dock with aluminum dock system, within the BZ of Otis reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Cagenello, 24 Candlewood Drive, map 16C lot 17, regarding the repair of stonewall adjacent to patio, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Stephen Costello, Norton Road Ext., map 15 lot 122, regarding the construction of a 14’ wide gravel driveway, addition of a utility pole & utility lines, repair of existing culvert.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Salvini & Assocs., LLC on behalf of Erika Mueller, 1361 East Otis Road, map 15A lots 25/26, regarding demo & replacement of existing single-family home within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from 6/21/22 Meeting – Submitted by Kevin & Heather Fusick, 408 Pine Rd., map 17B lot 46, regarding the repair of existing seawall & addition of a patio and firepit on the south side of property, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Orders:
- Richard A & Lisa J Gelinas, 258 Giles Road, map 5 lot 6, regarding unauthorized work conducted within 200’ of Benton Brook & associated BVW.
- Christopher & Jeanne Davis, Property lot @ corner of Dimmock Road & Route 8 North, regarding work that has been conducted within 200’ of an intermittent stream & associated BVW.
- Brookman A Association, Association Beaches, both on South Lake Avenue & Westerly Road, installation of two kayak racks (one at each location) within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Several Approved Forest Cutting Plans have been received as issued by MA DCR, as follows:
- 272 East Otis Road – 36 Acres
- Reservoir Road/Tolland Road – 65 Acres
- Stebbins Road – 7 Acres
- West Center Road – 80 Acres
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Public Hearing – Request for COC – Submitted by Austin Brazee, 65 Kibbe Point Road, map 17 lot 14, regarding request for COC for work completed under DEP File #254-0437.
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Hiring a Wetlands Agent
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for August 16, 2022 meeting Applications is Wednesday August 3, 2022 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 – 6:00 pm
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***