Town of Otis
Select Board Meeting Minutes
March 10, 2020
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm in the Town Hall conference room. A quorum was present.
- Present: Gary Thomas, Bill Hiller, Larry Southard, Brandi Page, Larry Gould, Terry Gould, Patricia Richard, Barbara Gallagher and Jim Ebitz.
- Review of Select Board Minutes: The Board approved the minutes from Feb 25, 2020 as written.
- Review and Approval of Warrants: On the desk in the office to be signed.
- Removal of Ship: Patricia from Recreation spoke to say the ship has been deemed noncompliant and the Rec Commission feels it should be removed before the start of the swim season. The Board asked if the ship has been non-compliant since the Rec Commission installed it. The answer was yes and that it needs the appropriate safety surface installed around it. Bill and Gary stated they had looked at it and didn’t feel it was in bad shape. Bill also stated he would like to hold off on making a motion and have Larry Gould take a look at the ship.
- Car Charging Stations: This program is through Eversource. If we were to want to move forwards we would identify a possible location and apply for the program through them. Eversource pays for the installation and the Town is responsible for the equipment. It was noted that Becket has already gone through with this as a designated Green Community. The Board liked this idea and would like to look into it further.
- Corona Virus Situation: Jim Ebitz was present and spoke briefly about the known case of an Otis resident. There was a concern with transport in the ambulance. The station was cleared and completely operational and the ambulance was cleaned thoroughly multiple times and back in operation. Jim was working with a reduced crew but proactive steps were taken. Contacts were confirmed for future emergency information that is released.
- Reappointment of Highway Superintendent: Gary made a motion to reappoint Derek through the end of the fiscal year. This brings him back in line with the annual reappointments. To be considered for reappointment for FY21 he is expected to obtain his Class A CDL License by May 29th. A copy is to be sent to Derek and a copy put in his Personnel folder. Motion seconded by Larry, unanimously approved.
- Motion to adjourn at 7:47.