June 30, 2020, Tuesday @ 6:00PM/ZOOM Meeting
Meeting called by & time: Dana Pustinger, 6:04PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Present: Dana Pustinger, Jen Catolane.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer, Kathy Carroll.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor; Heather Morgan, Zoom Meeting Host. Two additional people (names not listed on their profiles) joined meeting ½ way through but needed to be removed due to inappropriateness.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. See Above.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. 2/25/20 unanimously approved.
- Budget. 1. Town’s New Accounting Software Update – Dept heads should be receiving access to their accounts so they can review and print – no date scheduled [yet]. 2. Heather Morgan is working on a database to keep track of program data. 3. FY21 budget – BOS/FB decreased Program Supervisor hours and the position has been moved to salary to streamline payroll.
- Rec Center. 1. No update regarding Harmony Hall – i.e. status of building, roof, weight room repair. 2. Due to Covid-19 the cardio room has been closed to users since March. Exercise classes are still online (since April), no in-person classes.
- Staff. 1. CPR class – Keith O’Neil will be rescheduling due to Covid-19. 2. MRPA Conference cancelled.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online programs. Started mid-April due to Covid-19. Offering weekly (for free) meditation (2x’s/week) mat yoga, chair yoga, pilates, cardio blast & inspirations (2x’s/week).
- Activity Bags. Started mid-May, bags have been very well received. Patricia has reached out to the Library, Otis Rescue Squad, Tri-Town Health & the Town Safety Officer to collaborate.
- Basket Weaving Workshop. Cancelled due to Covid-19. Originally scheduled for 10/24/20, Saturday 9AM-4PM. As per BOS/FB this workshop has been removed from the FY21 budget and must either be self-funded by participants or partially funded from Rec’s Revolving Account. Rescheduled in the spring?
- Bus Trip. Cancelled due to Covid-19. Reschedule in the spring?
- Easter Egg Hunt. Cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Gingerbread House Event. Briefly discussed, will need to be re-assessed at the next meeting.
- Halloween. Briefly discussed, will need to be re-assessed at the next meeting.
- Library Fair. Cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Obstacle Challenge. Cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Paint & Sip. Cancelled due to Covid-19. Reschedule for the fall? As per BOs/FB this program has been removed from the FY21 budget and must either be self-funded by participants or partially funded from Rec’s Revolving Account.
- Springfield Thunderbirds. Remaining tickets (distributed this past spring) will be honored for the first two months of opening season.
- Town Beach. 1. Play ship – removed. New playground equipment was included in the FY21 budget proposal as a capital expense but was not approved by BOS/FB. 2. Police Dept doing more patrols and checking parking permits in addition to reminding folks to social distance, etc.
- Old Business.
- New Business. 1. New Fire Alarm system installed at Rec Center.
Meeting adjourned at: 6:52PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.