May 25, 2021, Tuesday @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:06PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
1. Introductions. None needed.
2. Alternate. Kelly Kennedy is interested and will be sending in an appointment letter to be considered. Recreation Commission will send a letter of support.
3. Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed 1/26/21, 3/23/21 & 4/27/21 meeting minutes. Unanimously approved. Reviewed email from Lyn O’Brien (Town Clerk) regarding memo for in-person meetings starting after 6/15/21. Governor Baker is lifting all Covid restrictions 6/15/21.
a. FY21 Report. Reviewed.
b. Revolving & Donation Accounts. Reviewed.
5. FY22 Budget Proposal. Reviewed. Capital expense of Town Beach playground equipment was rejected by the Select and Finance Boards.
6. Rec Center
a. Cardio Room. Discussed opening with restrictions in place. Patricia will inquire with Brandi Page (Town Administrator) and Jim Wilusz (Health Consultant) as there are no specifics on the State website for re-opening.
7. Programs/Project Proposals.
a. Online wellness programs. Online classes will continue for June – mat yoga, chair yoga, cardio blast & inspirations.
b. In-person classes/programs. 1. Discussed. In-person classes are scheduled to start 7/1/21. June will be the last month of online exercise classes. Inspirations will remain online (Facebook). 2. Flex Pass price change – last price change was over five years ago and needs to be updated. Will go into effect 7/1/21.
c. Other programs. 1. Discussed issues with the Town Beach – parking, safety vehicle access, etc. Patricia will inquire with Brandi Page. 2. Waiting to receive Jump passes to Trampoline Park in Westfield. Discount passes will only be available to Otis Residents/Otis Taxpayers.
8. Memos. See #3.
9. Old Business. 1. Discussed Berkshire Paint & Sip, tentatively planning for the Fall. 2. Swim program update at Berkshire South – they are not able to work on this program yet due to current circumstances.
10. New Business. 1. Patricia inquired with the Commission if they would be interested in offering a Board & Brush to-go kit. Discussed. Will offer in the Fall. 2. Piece of my Art studio – inquire about available workshops at our site. 3. After preventive maintenance was done on the exercise equipment it was determined that the treadmill needs a new elevation motor. Patricia will schedule before the end of the fiscal year. 3. Patricia presented the idea of end-of-school gifts for students at FRRSD if Sandisfield Rec can co-sponsor. Patricia will inquire with them. 4. Presented ad for the Otis Gazette Business Directory, approved. 5. Performances – 7/17/21 Ed Pop & 8/7/21 Zoo on the Go @ Otis Town Hall. 6. Library Fair is scheduled for 9/25/21, rain date 9/26/21. Discussed possible kid’s activities on the Church Green. Bike helmets? 7. Discussed Trunk or Treat. Would be ideal to have at Otis Ridge instead this year. Was at Town Hall last year and parking lot was crowded and we’d be limited to the amount of decorated vehicles. Patricia asked Dana & Jen if they can include on the upcoming PTA agenda.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:06PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.