February 25, 2020, Tuesday @ 6:00PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Dana Pustinger, 6:05PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Present: Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll, Jen Catolane.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. None.
- Town Accountant Reports. None received. Requested FY19, year-end not closed yet.
- Rec Center Reports. Reviewed.
- Update on new Town Accounting software. No update.
- FY21 Budget. Reviewed. Discussed capital expense of playground equipment for Town Beach. Quote includes the equipment, install & safety surfacing. ADA access path and prep of the site are not included in this quote. Received approval from Select Board to have play ship at Town Beach removed due to not being in compliance, expense will be paid from Rec donation acct as this expense was nor originally part of the FY20 budget… Will be removed before beach season starts this year.
- Rec Center.
- Planning Board meeting regarding Harmony Hall 9/17/18. No update.
- Program Registrations. Currently using the Town’s website software for registrations, WordPress.
- Park & Rec software. Did not include in FY21 budget proposal due to including QB update request and currently using registration through WordPress.
- QuickBooks – software update. Included in FY21 budget proposal. Software is used for bookkeeping line items & sub-line items, budget prep, programming data, vendors, customers, reports (to BOS/FB), etc.
- Library Fair – Rec kid activities/performer. Patricia will inquire with Bubblemania and Bubble Trouble about rates/availability.
- CPR Class. Keith O’Neil, Safety Officer for the Town, is scheduling a CPR class in the spring time for staff, date TBD. Expense would be paid from safety budget. We will not need to schedule our own CPR class for staff/commissioner certifications.
- MRPA Conference. Scheduled for 3/25/20-3/27/20.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Registrations – online. Using WordPress through the Town website.
- Sandisfield Recreation Committee. Patricia plans to attend the Sandisfield Rec Comm meeting 3/14/20, 11:30AM to discuss collaborating with them on some activities/events – some ideas were the bus trips, obstacle challenge and paint & sips.
- Basket Weaving Workshop. Patricia reported that there are no Spring dates available for Saturdays that would work in our schedule. Fall dates to look at 10/3/20 or 10/17/20.
- Bus Trip. Scheduled for 7/18/20 to Howe Caverns.
- Easter Egg Hunt. Scheduled for 4/4/20. Jen has a bunny costume that we can use for the event, we’ll need a volunteer.
- Guided Meditation. Approved, scheduled for 4/20/20-5/11/20, Mondays, 6-7PM, registration required. $10 Otis participants, $20 Non-Otis participants.
- Mass in Motion. Patricia is working on getting some giveaways for this wellness promotion.
- Paint & Sip. Two workshops – 6/28/20 kids (mosaic fish on tote) and 5/17/20 adults spring mountain meadow (canvas). Discussed have one in the fall for adults on slate instead of canvas.
- Ski Helmet Days. Scheduled for 1/11/20 & 2/22/20, very well attended, checked & distributed ski helmets. Surveys reviewed.
- Springfield Thunderbirds. None of the discount tickets have sold. Discussed a giveaway of the tickets to Otis residents. Drawing will be held 3/5/20.
- Town Beach.
- Play Ship/Playground. See 3d.
- Old Business.
- New Business. 1. Reviewed information received from NY Yankee group ticket sales. Discussed Red Sox group tickets. 2. Stress Workshop with Connie scheduled for 5/9/20.
Meeting adjourned at: 9:01PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.