January 13, Thursday, 2022 @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:06PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll, Kelly Kennedy.
Board Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
1. Introductions. None needed.
2. Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed & approved, unanimously, 11/18/21 meeting minutes.
3. Accounting. Reviewed.
4. FY23 Budget Proposal. Reviewed. Included capital expense of Town Beach playground – third time Rec Comm has submitted this capital expense.
5. Rec Center. Jen, Brandi & Patricia will meet soon at the Rec Center to do thorough walk around to discuss the office and equipment/items would need to be moved to a temporary location if/while work is done on Harmony Hall.
a. Usage. Increasing.
b. Building Access – keypad system still not working. Keypad is not working, Brandi is not sure if there are monies in this fiscal year’s budget to repair/replace it. Will need to wait to FY23.
c. Wi-Fi – public Wi-Fi not working since September – update. Equipment was installed at Rec Center to reach the Otis Public Library’s Wi-Fi for Rec Center users.
d. New Telephone System. New phone has been installed in the office. Patricia expressed concern to Larry Gould and Brandi Page that the phone in the cardio room was not replaced – there is no phone for the public to use in case of emergency and would be a liability for the Town.
6. Programs/Project Proposals.
a. Online wellness programs. Discussed Inspirations twice a week until the end of June, thereafter, once a week.
b. In-person classes/programs.
i. Paint & Sip Workshop – spring? Discussed.
ii. Wood Design Workshop – summer? Discussed.
iii. Journey Dance. Cancelled due to instructor’s scheduling.
c. Other programs.
i. Gingerbread House Event. Went very well. About 90 kits, we had a few kits that weren’t picked up. Items from these kits were donated to the Otis Food Pantry.
ii. Easter Egg Hunt. Discussed. Will schedule event for in-person. No games, only the egg hunt. 4/9/22, Saturday, rain date 4/10/22, Sunday, Town Hall.
7. Harmony Hall, article – Special Town Meeting, November 16, 2021. No update on any discussions.
9. Old Business. None.
10. New Business. Patricia stated that masks are required to be worn in Town buildings, therefore, participants of in-person classes are required to wear a mask.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:28PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.