Otis Technology Committee Meeting Minutes August 26, 2020
Town Hall Conference Room 6:00 pm
Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm.
Frank Tolopko, Bill Hiller, Larry Gould, Steve Schultze
- Discussion on the upcoming Drop Grant. What is involved and when we will be submitting.
- Increase the backhaul bandwidth to 5GB. Vote was unanimous
- Purchase an additional 7210 switch to increase the flow of data from the Otis Hut tothe East Otis hut from 2 1GB lines to 2 10GB lines to increase throughput. Vote was
- Issue an RFQ for the running of Fiber on the Otis side of Otis Woodlands. Vote wasunanimous.
- Approve the quote from Sertex for the placement of 5 poles to bring the fiber fromRT8 to the beginning of the conduit in Otis Woodlands. Vote was unanimous.
- Discussion about once the build is complete, we would like to entertain some type ofseasonal rate but we cannot have this discussion until all costs are known.
- Discuss the need for a new phone system for the Town Hall and adjacent buildingsand that it should be a VOIP system.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:17 PM