Otis Cultural Council
August 18, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Hybrid Meeting in- person at Town Hall and on Zoom
- Call to order: 6:06 PM. Present: Jeanne Randorf, Arlene Tolopko, Carol
Burke, Shanon Albee, Deb Fogel and on Zoom Carol Lombardo, Faith Weldon.
- Approval of the Minutes of July 17, 2021 : Arlene made a motion to approve
the minutes. Minutes were approved.
III. Chair Report (Jeanne):
A. Vicki : she was very touched by the card we sent her.
B. Otis Observer articles for September- Jeanne wrote two articles for the
1. Upcoming events- List of upcoming events sponsored by the OCC.
2. Invitation to Grant applicants- Link to apply online. No longer accepting
C. New text on OCC webpage: Jeanne posted events and invitation to apply for
grants on our webpage.
- Financial update (Shanon) – A report was not available. Based on the information
we have, we are in good shape.
A. Feedback from 2021 grantees – School personal were very pleased with
pleased with support from the OCC.
B. Since we were unable to purchase tickets for Rites of Passage, a motion
was made to support the organization with a $ 200 donation. Motion
C. New Grant application software for 2022 applications- there will be a
webinar to tutor applicants on using the new software to apply.
- Criteria for 2022 grants – priority will be given to programs for
youths. Applicants proposing events or workshops must have a venue
for their program.
- Recycling program (Deb) –
Carol Lombardo spoke to Eric Jesner to request refund of our $2,875
donation for electronic message board. We will investigate a better location
for the board.
VII. Meetings for remainder of 2021: Oct. 27 or Nov. 3 will be a Voting meeting (exception to the 3rd. Wed. schedule.
Meeting adjourned at 7:14PM
Minutes submitted by D. Fogel