Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 – 6:00 PM
Location: Remotely via Zoom
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday August 17, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – Remotely via Zoom
- Deadline for August 17, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, August 4, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- The instructions to join the Zoom Meeting are as follows:
Topic: Conservation Commission
Time: Jul 20, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 819 7143 9505
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,81971439505# US (New York)
+13017158592,,81971439505# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 819 7143 9505
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdzOL4nx3m
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: June 15, 2021 Remote Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Wheeler Building on behalf of Joanne Russell, 18 Moody Goodman Rd., map 17B lot 6, regarding the addition of a 4’ frost wall 10’ x 15’ within the 200’ area of an intermittent stream.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Wheeler Building on behalf of Mark Benham, 100 S. Lake Ave., map 18B lot 10, regarding the demo of existing house and rebuild in same footprint, using existing septic & well, within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Becky Cushing-Gop (West Director, MA Audubon), Norton Road, map 15 lot 8, regarding the construction of a gravel parking lot and kiosk, in prep of this conservation area opening for public visitation; all within the 100’ area of an intermittent stream & BVW.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction on behalf of Arlene Fishkind, 257 Brookman Dr., map 18C lot 32, regarding the removal of trees, demo existing house and build new home in existing footprint, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berk. Geo-Tech., Inc., on behalf of John J. & Carrie C. Hitt, 38 Leisure Dr., map 15A lot 35, regarding the construction of a new dock in the waters of Benton Pond, incl. Chapter 91 submittal.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by William Jr., & Linda, Minarik, 26 S. Lake Ave., map 18A lot 48 & 49, regarding the rebuilding of existing dock with new materials& within the existing footprint, in the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Town of Otis Hwy. Dept., Dimmock, Ed Jones, Merritt and Judd Roads, maps 1-2-6-10A-10C, regarding the full depth reclamation of all sections of these roads and paving; several trees to be removed; build-up of existing shoulder in area of houses #9 & #49, with rip-rap or clean fill.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from June 15, 2021 Meeting – Submitted by White Engineering, Inc., on behalf of Daniel Zenkel w/Larkum Lake Real Estate Co., LLC, 620 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 60, regarding the construction of a new cabin on helical piers for adult staff, within the BZ of Larkum Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from the June 15, 2021 Meeting – Submitted by R. Levesque Assocs., Inc., on behalf of Jeffrey Hiller w/Hiller Nominee Trust, 986 Reservoir Rd., map 15C lot 39-40-46, regarding the demolition of a portion of existing home & construction of a new addition, replacement of existing dock & repair of waterfront stone retaining walls and stairs, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from June 15, 2021 Meeting – Submitted by Doot Construction on behalf of Robert Sadock, 20 Phelps Drive, map 7A lot 8, regarding the 12’ x 26’ addition to existing house on a non-conforming lot, within the BZ of Watson Pond. Concom was OK with work, but the Town denied the work.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Enforcement Order – James & Cheryl McIntire, 512 North Main Rd., map 6 lot 127, regarding unauthorized clearing of trees, brush and vegetation within the 200’ resource area of the west branch of the Farmington River.
- Enforcement Order – David Roffo, 134 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 45, regarding unauthorized paving within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, August 4th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for August 17, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday August 4, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** Remote Meeting via Zoom
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***