Notice is hereby given that the Otis Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public meeting on
MONDAY, May 2, 2022 at 7:00 PM
This is a virtual meeting and will be conducted remotely through Zoom.
You must check back within 48 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending and the Governor’s June 16, 2021 order amending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
*****ALL VOTES ARE ROLL CALL*****
The agenda is as follows:
- Open Meeting/Introductions
- To act upon the resignation of Member Robin Peterson
- To hear and act upon the application of Colleen & David DelVecchio, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 3.3.5 of the Otis Zoning by-laws to extend a lake front deck to span the length of the house, thus decreasing the setback to the North from nineteen feet three inches (19’ 3”) to five feet 9 inches (5’ 9”). The deck will encroach nor further than the existing dwelling.
- To hear and act upon the application of Vertex Towers LLC, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 6.5 of the Otis Zoning by-laws to construct a wireless communications facility consisting of a one hundred forty-six foot (146’) tall “monopine” style communications tower on which Verizon wireless and other telecommunication companies will place antennas within a sixty foot (60’) by sixty foot (60’) fenced in compound.
- Approve minutes from previous meeting
- Review and approve Meeting Schedule and Application Deadlines for 2022/2023
- Old Business and New Business/ Items unanticipated by the chair
- Update from the Building Inspector
- Next Meeting
Pursuant to MGL. 7c. 30A sec. 20 (f), after notifying the chair of the public body, any person may make a video or audio
recording of an open session of a meeting of a public body or may transmit the meeting through any medium. At the beginning
of the meeting, the chair shall inform other attendees of any such recordings. Any member of the public wishing to speak at the meeting must receive permission of the chair. The listings of agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which
may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Town of Otis is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Zoning Board of Appeals
Time: May 2, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 1233 7901
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89112337901# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,89112337901# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 891 1233 7901
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdVlgFzYr