Otis Library Museum Meeting
Thursday, July 11, 2019
7:00 PM – at the library
Members present -Celeste, Eve, Diane, James, Jane, Kathy, Lois, Sue B., Susan E.
Chair Diane Dyer called the meeting to order at 7:10.
- Acknowledgement of in and outgoing Board Members – Eve submitted her resignation from the library board effective September 1, 2019. Members took turns citing Eve’s many contributions to library. Her resignation was accepted with regret.
- Approval of June Minutes – fair and regular meeting – a motion was made by Eve and seconded by Jane to able approval of the minutes from June 13, because they were not available.
- Approval of April Treasurer’s reports (Susan B.) – Susan summarized the bank statements and Lois contributed to this report.
- “Berkshire Bank Authorized Check Signers” – authorized persons include Diane and Sue B.
- Director’s Report:
- Acquisitions and circulation increasing – new books and 50+ items were donated
- Summer Reading Programs are well-received, Imagarena had seven children age 6 to 11 attend.
- Cell -Block Visions had 11 attendees and was very well received
- Computer Workshop using Windows and Devices was very informative, Diane attended and remarked how well it went.
- Computer use is high
- Aris Report is online and will start the report next week.
- Unfinished Business:
Otis Library Fair: Reflection – Staff and Members were very appreciative of the many, many, people who helped make the return of this fair a successful event. A special “shout out” to our vendors, patrons, Jim Crandall and Lynn Pyenson for making it happen. Kathy requested the names of all those who helped in order to send thank you” notes.
- Treasurer’s Report; Expenses and Money earned:
Bake Sale 358.55
Book Sale 95.00
Food Sale 451.00
Unused Start-up cash_ 51.00______
Startup Cash 200.00
Food (Lynn) 300.00
Ice/Bags (Lois) 51.24
Posters (Jane) 35.88
Paint for Bruce 19.47
Expenses – 606.59
Shopper’s Guide Ad – 90.00
Misc. (Jane) – 19.13
- Subcommittee Reports
- Publicity – good, banner suggested for next year
- Food – watch for overbuying on items such as veggie burgers
- Raffle – a great deal of discussion concerning how to make the event even more successful next year
- Family & Children’s Activities – Partnership with the Rec Department was extremely successful. Children and their families enjoyed the performance by Ed Pop, the copsicle treats, getting new bike helmets and decorating their T-shirts. At least 20 Families got their kids car seats checked and about 50%received replacements.
- Set -up/ Clean up – Great Volunteers! We could use more people on cleanup
- Entertainment – “Sandy & Sandy” were very well-received
- Library -Many visitors, John Charrow was available for computer help and Diane Lynch hosted guests in the museum.
- Revisit and check in on “To Do” list – Susan E. asked each subcommittee to submit a checklist of what needs to be done for the fair so that next year will be much easier.
- FY 2020 Budget – Celeste said next month.
- New Business
- Town Policy for signature: James made a motion that was seconded by Eve to “table” this decision until Diane, James, and Sue B. could get more information to report back to the board.
- Kathy reported that tables can be patched until fall at which time replacements will be looked into.
- Kathy noted both administration chairs and at least one public chair need replacing. She offered proposals @ $500. Susan E. made a motion that was seconded by Jane to approve the expenditure. Celeste modified the motion, second by Eve to approve an expenditure of between $500 to $700. The Board voted unanimously to approve.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM
Susan Ebitz, Recording Secretary
Next Meeting: August 8, 2019
Future Meetings: Please don’t schedule speakers on our regularly meeting nights
September 12, 2019
October 11, 2019
November 14, 2019
December 12, 2019