Otis Cultural Council
August 17, 2022
Meeting held virtually on Zoom. This meeting was not recorded.
I. Call to Order: 6:09 p.m. Present: Jeanne Randorf, Carole Burke, Deb Fogel, Arlene Tolopko, Carol Lombardo, Faith Weldon, Shanon Albee
II. Approval of the minutes of July 20, 2022. Jeanne motioned to approve the minutes. Arlene seconded the motion. The minutes were approved.
III. Chair Report (Jeanne):
A. Virtual/Hybrid Meetings: We will remain on Zoom. If a member can set up a laptop at Town Hall, we can have hybrid meetings.
B. Community Surveys: Jeanne has an old survey that she will send to the committee to review. Town Hall will send out the surveys to every household with an email address on file.
IV. Financial Update:
The Financial Report has to be file by October 17, 2022. The recycling fund money will be in the report.
Jeanne and Shanon report that the school can’t always get the grant forms to us right away. Eric gave them the final forms he had on July 11. Jeanne put them in the Town Accountants mail box at Town Hall on July 18 or 20, but was informed that FY22 closed on July 15. Because we were not notified of the date, the Cultural Council lost $3,800 that we had already granted. The town will be deducting those grant reimbursements from our FY23 money. Shanon will investigate this with the town.
V. Program Update:
A. 2023 Grant Season (Sept 1-Oct 17):
1. Council members personally have to go in and make a password to use the new software.
2. Jeanne wrote an article for the Otis Observer calling for applicants . The link to apply for the grants is in the article.
3. There has been a change to the reimbursement procedure. Only one signature is needed for reimbursement (Jeanne or Shanon).
B. Otis Celebration:
1. Arlene and Stephanie are the only members of the committee.
2. Arlene has requested that Stephanie write an article for the Otis Observer to promote the event.
3. Arlene requested $1,000 to pay for Cliff Brodeur if needed. All members voted to approve this request if the funds are not covered by the Celebration Committee budget.
C. Technology Sessions
1. The library is paying for half and the Cultural Council will pay the other half. We will pay $315.00 each for 2 workshops, for a total of $630. We will also fund a workshop for the Council on Aging;
VI. Recycling Program (Deb):
1. There is a new volunteer for the recycling committee, Mark Anthony. He is newly retired and seemed to enjoy it helping with this project..
2. Discussed what to do with the money in the recycling account. Arlene and Carol will inquire at school to see if they need anything.
VII. Other Business
1. We will cancel the September meeting.
2. The next meeting will be November 9, 2022.
The meeting ended at 7:31 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Carole Burke