Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 – 6:00 PM
Location: Otis Town Hall, Inspector’s Room, 1 North Main St., Otis, MA 01253
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, October 17, 2023 @ 6:00 PM, In-person Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 10/17/23 meeting is Wednesday, October 4, 2023, by 6:00 p.m.
Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Tuesday August 15, 2023, Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by MassDOT Hwy. Div., on behalf of Francisca R. Hemming, Rt. 23 near 159 Monterey Rd, regarding the installation of 5ft flushed concrete sidewalks on both sides of the roadway, within the 100 FT riverfront area.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo Tech., on behalf of Craig Tighe, DeWolfe Dr, map 7A lot 51, regarding a proposed subsurface disposal system upgrade, within the BZ of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Geo Tech., on behalf of Carol Blakeslee, 106 Leonard Rd, map 11 lot 50, regarding the replacement of septic system tank, pump and chamber, within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Salvini Associates, on William Holland, 10 Reservoir Heights Rd, map 15C lots 11/12, regarding replacement and repair of the existing dock.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Wayne J Wosczyna, 236 Kibbe Rd, map 17C lot 60, regarding addition to existing deck, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Robert Gentile, on behalf of The White Lily Pond Assn., Lee-Westfield Rd, map 8 lot 13, regarding the seasonal drawdown of the water level by 19”.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by White Engineering Inc, on behalf of Berkshire Soccer Academy, 620/622 Reservoir Rd, map 15 lot 60, regarding the construction of a 10×36 addition on piers, within the BZ of an intermittent stream.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Janet & Dan Cassanelli, 489 Pine Rd, map 17B lot 56, regarding the removal and replacement of existing home in the same footprint, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf Katie & Mike Grossman, 22 Chestnut Ln, map 16C lot 1, regarding removal and replacement of existing boathouse in the same footprint, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Bob Sweelie, 37 Pond Blvd, map 11F lot 92, regarding removal of existing deck and stairs, within the BZ of Big Pond
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Alan Berrouard, on behalf of Klondike Club Inc, 759 North Main Rd, map 6A lot 90, regarding processing of an invasive species management plan, within the BZ of 2 ponds in Klondike Club.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Bruce A Wall, 38 S. Lake Ave, map 18A lot 51/52, regarding the renovation of 2 existing stone walls, replacement of a tree and replacement of top boards on existing docks that are in disrepair, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- D&J Development to discuss proposed change to special permit and site plan approval for the Townhouses at the marina. D&J Development is requesting the change so that they can begin their project with a smaller, incremental phased-in approach. This change is the renovation of existing building Assessor’s Map 16B, Lot No. 1, rather than replace it with the new Building 6 as shown in Sheet #3 in the existing approved Plans.
- Enforcement Orders:
- Enforcement Order –Eric Hollander, 52 Drive G, map 18C lot 9, regarding the observed work conducted within jurisdictional areas; NOI was submitted, however, has subsequently been continued as a courtesy for several months, due to non-receipt of the requested documentation, nor attendance of recent meetings. On this agenda for follow-up.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Emergency Certification: Submitted by Patricia L. Martsen, 19 Big Island, map 12A lot 19, regarding the request for the removal of the single dead tree that overhangs & amp; threatens damage to property. It represents a danger to persons and/or property, within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for October 17, 2023 meeting Applications is Wednesday October 4, 2023 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 – 6:00 pm
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***