Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday February 21, 2023 – 6:00 PM
Location: Remote via Zoom
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday, March 21, 2023 @ 6:00 PM
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 3/21/23 meeting is Wednesday, March 1, 2023, by 6:00 p.m.
- The details for joining the Zoom meeting are as follows:
Time: Feb 21, 2023 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 793 2919 7596
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: December 20, 2022 Meeting.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Carryover from January Agenda – Submitted by Nancy Spencer, 996 Reservoir Road, map15C lot 42, regarding the removal of ten trees & planting of shrubs, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Carryover from January Agenda – Submitted by Kelly, Granger & Parsons & Assocs., Inc., on behalf of David & Linda Hamill, 23 Tyringham Rd., map 13A lot 13, regarding removal of existing septic tank & installation of new tank, and a level mound system, all within the BZ of Loom Brook.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Scott Paquin, 242 Kibbe Rd., map 17C lot 61, regarding the repair of the existing dock & stone raised garden wall, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continuation from the 10/18/22 meeting – Submitted by Eric Hollander, 52 Drive G, map 18C lot 9, regarding the replacement of existing seawall, restoration of storm drains, plantings and regrade, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Orders:
- Enforcement Order – Tree removal within a protected area w/o prior Permission – Gary Belanger, 20 Pine Road Extension. On this agenda for follow-up on RDA required – no RDA received to date.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Emergency Certification: 27 South Bay Road, map 17D lot 22, regarding the removal of 6 dead trees within the BZ of OR that represent a hazard to persons & property.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Request for Extension of Order of Conditions – Submitted by MA DCR, f/k/a Dept. of Env. Mgmt., to request an extension to the Order of Conditions issued under DEP File 254-156, for the seasonal Draw-Down of Big Pond.
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for March 21, 2023 meeting Applications is Wednesday March 1, 2023 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 – 6:00 pm
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***