Town of Otis, Massachusetts
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Agenda for Monday, October 5, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Otis Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public meeting on
Monday, October 5, 2020
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 816 0809 9548 Dial by your location
One tap mobile +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+16465588656, 81608099548# US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+13017158592, 81608099548# US (Germantown) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 816 0809 9548 +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
*****ALL VOTES ARE ROLL CALL*****
- Open Meeting
- To hear and act upon the application of Jared J. Bruscoe and Kimberly E. Bruscoe, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 3.3.5 of the Otis Zoning by-laws as to maintain a pre-fabricated 12’x 16’ shed. The front setback requested is 10’ and the left side setback requested is 5’ from the property lines. The lot is listed in the Otis assessor’s records as Lot # 6 on Map 17C; located at 24 South Gate Island Road, Otis, MA.
- To hear and act upon the application of Mark Anthony and Wendy Medeiros-Anthony, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 3.3.5 of the Otis Zoning by-laws as to construct a 14’x 20’ addition on the southern side setback, and a 9’7” x 5’5” addition on the northern setback increasing the non-conformity and decreasing the current setbacks. Also construct an addition to the second floor that would increase the height of the structure by 7’6”. This is a continuation of the August 3, 2020 and September 8, 2020 meetings.
- Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)
- Update from the Building Inspector
- Next Meeting
- Old Business and New Business/ Items unanticipated by the chair
Pursuant to MGL. 7c. 30A sec. 20 (f), after notifying the chair of the public body, any person may make a video or audio recording of an open session of a meeting of a public body, or may transmit the meeting through any medium. At the beginning of the meeting, the chair shall inform other attendees of any such recordings. Any member of the public wishing to speak at the meeting must receive permission of the chair. The listings of agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.