Notice is hereby given that the Otis Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public meeting on
TUESDAY, July 5, 2022 at 7:00 PM
This is a virtual meeting and will be conducted remotely through Zoom.
You must check back within 48 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending and the Governor’s June 16, 2021 order amending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
Larry Gould is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Zoning Board of Appeals Zoom Meeting
Time: Jul 5, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 897 9867 9294
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,89798679294#,,,,*261534# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 897 9867 9294
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kDvlnnMGN
*****ALL VOTES ARE ROLL CALL*****
The agenda is as follows:
- Open Meeting/Introductions
- To hear and act upon the application of Michele Zalot, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 3.3.3 of the Otis Zoning by-laws to demolish and reconstruct a single-family home on a dimensionally nonconforming lot. The proposed construction requires a dimensional Special Permit to address changes to the house location and size. The new construction will have a reduced footprint and would be less encroaching. A portion of the current structure is on land owned by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Demolition and reconstruction will remove this encroachment and provide a rear setback of one foot- two inches (1’2”).
- To hear and act upon the application of Pease Realty Trust, for a Zoning By-Law Special Permit under Sec. 3.3.3 of the Otis Zoning by-laws to demolish the one existing bedroom and expand the structures footprint for a family room with bedroom upstairs. The new construction will have an increased encroachment along the front setback and thus be less conforming.
- Approve minutes from previous meeting
- Associate Member Nominations
- Selection of Chairperson for the period July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Old Business and New Business/ Items unanticipated by the chair
- Update from the Building Inspector
- Next Meeting
Pursuant to MGL. 7c. 30A sec. 20 (f), after notifying the chair of the public body, any person may make a video or audio
recording of an open session of a meeting of a public body or may transmit the meeting through any medium. At the beginning
of the meeting, the chair shall inform other attendees of any such recordings. Any member of the public wishing to speak at the meeting must receive permission of the chair. The listings of agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which
may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.