Town of Otis
Select Board/ Finance Committee Meeting Minutes
Feb 16, 2023
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm.
2. Present: Selectboard-Larry Southard, Gary Thomas and Terry Gould, Town Admin- Brandi Page, Finance Committee- Lyn Jablonski and Jill Moretz, and Kris McDonough.
3. Approval of Board Minutes: None.
• 210 Police: Passed at $370,412.95
• 699 Cultural Council: Passed at $5,000.00
4. Discussion and approval of Police and Cultural Council budgets. Finance Committee Chair made a motion to approve a reserve fund transfer in the amount of $3,553.00 to the Cultural Council budget line 01.699.5350.000000 to offset late FY22 expenditures so as to not restrict this year’s programs. Motion seconded and approved. Kris discussed adding an additional full time officer to offset the dwindling pool of reserves as a result of the state wide training/certification changes.
5. Brandi to rerun health insurance estimates and print stipend list for next meeting.
6. Preliminary discussion about department space needs.
7. Board ok’d proposal from King Information Systems to inventory our records rooms and provide a project scope/quote for FY24.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm.