Farmington River Regional School District
Farmington River Elementary School
555 North Main Road, Otis, MA 01253
Monday February 5, 2018
Members Present: Nick DellaGiustina, Jessica Drenga, Hillary Howard, Carol Lombardo, Billie Pachulski, John Skrip, Tom Nadolny and Eric Jesner
Absent: Arlene Tolopko
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00p.m. by the chair, Nicholas DellaGiustina.
Community Participation: none
- Approval of Minutes of Meeting #357 and Executive Minutes #357: The minutes of Meeting #357 were approved as submitted as well as the Executive Meeting minutes #357, Motioned by John Skrip, seconded by Jessica Drenga. Vote unanimous
- Principal/Superintendent monthly undates: Tom stated that on the next agenda to vote
on school choice for 2018-2019.
We used the 2nd Blizzard Bag of the year. Very high rate of return, 98%
Two teachers accepted early retirement package. Judy Lander and Mary Fleming
PTA is going to put on a Winter Fun Day. Tubing at Butternut. Students are going in groups. K-2nd are going in the morning. 3rd-6th are going in the afternoon. Some curriculum will be assigned to the students to make up the work missed.
- Financial Update: Eric Jesner presented the FY19 budget to the School Committee.
Nothing has changed since it was presented last month. Still waiting for Otis to pass the
Stabilization Fund. No questions were brought up. A final vote will be in next month’s
- Unexpected topic for discussion: none
- Vote to move into Executive Session for the express purpose of negotiating contracts
and to adjourn immediately after.
Motion: To enter Executive Meeting. We will reconvene in General Meeting only to adjourn.
Carol Lombardo motioned, Jess Drenga seconded.
Roll call: Nick DellaGiustina-yes, Hillary Howard-yes, Jessica Drenga-yes, Carol Lombardo-yes, John Skrip-yes, and Billie Pachulski
Adjourn: Motion to adjourn the meeting by Billie Pachulski, seconded by Hillary Howard. Unanimous, 7:45pm.
Teresa DellaGiustina, secretary