September 22, 2020, Tuesday @ 6:00PM/ZOOM MEETING
Meeting called by & time: Dana Pustinger, 6:05PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Present: Dana Pustinger, Jen Catolane.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer, Kathy Carroll.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor; Diane Saunders (joined meeting 6:12PM).
*This meeting is being conducted remotely through Zoom. You must check back within 24 hours of the start time for a link to join.
Pursuant to the Governor’s March 12, 2020 order suspending certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, Sec 18, this meeting is being held via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Every effort is being made to ensure that any member of the public may access the meeting in real time, via technological means. Agendas will be amended to show the link and participation code to access the meeting no sooner than 48 hours before. Recordings and/or draft proceedings of the meeting will be available on our website as soon as possible.
- Introductions. Diane Saunders, Otis resident, online exercise class participant. Diane inquired as to why the Rec Center is using Facebook to access the Rec Center’s online exercise classes. She does not have a Facebook account and has been getting the link from other class participants. Patricia explained that with the available resources this format suited the Rec Center’s needs with offering online exercise classes. It was also explained that Facebook is a free account.
- Chair Person. Discussed. Will need quorum to vote new Chair Person for FY21.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Unanimously approved 6/30/20 meeting minutes.
- Budget. Reviewed report from Town Administrator.
- Rec Center. Only office hours are permitted Tuesday-Friday, 9AM-Noon. Cardio room, pool tables and indoor Wi-Fi access not permitted.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Online programs. Pilates will not continue online, low attendance. Other exercise classes will continue online along with Inspirations. Discussed the basket weaving workshop – cancelled due to COVID.
- Activity Bags. Weekly bags, started in May ended in September, 12 bags a week. Patricia discussed the idea of back to school bags for all FRRSD students. Some items will include hand sanitizer, masks, etc. She has contacted the Otis & Sandisfield Libraries as well as the Sandisfield Rec Dept to find out if they would like to donate items for the bags.
- Paint & Sip. Tentatively rescheduled for 11/8/20.
- Halloween. CDC released information today for trick or treat, forwarded to Brandi Page, Town Administrator.
- Gingerbread House Event. Patricia recommended “to-go kits” this year. 12/12/20 to prep kits, 12/13/20 for distribution of kits.
- Town Beach. Discussed mooring issues, replenishing sand, swim raft – replace ladder.
- Otis Ridge. Patricia received an update from Jamie Carr, they will be operating on limited occupancy. Will receive more info. There will be some black-out dates for voucher use.
- Helmet Day. Cancelled due to COVID.
- Memos. None.
- Old Business. Heather Morgan is working on a database for program data.
- New Business.
Meeting adjourned at: 6:53PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.