July 27, 2021, Tuesday @ 6:00PM/IN PERSON @ Harmony Hall
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Jen Catolane, 6:06PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Jen Catolane.
Board Members Present: Jen Catolane, Dana Pustinger, Kathy Carroll, Kelly Kennedy.
Board Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
1. Introductions. None needed.
2. Alternate & Chair. Alternate – Kelly Kennedy. Chair – Jen Catolane.
3. Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. 6/22/21 meeting minutes unanimously approved.
a. FY21 Report. Reviewed.
b. FY22 Budget. Line items and amounts not posted in the Town’s Accounting system yet.
5. Rec Center
a. Cardio Room, Wi-Fi, Pool Tables. Patricia reported that people have been good about making reservations with using the Rec Center.
6. Programs/Project Proposals.
a. Online wellness programs. Inspirations with Viktoria Seavey will continue for August.
b. In-person classes/programs. 1. Cardio Blast has been cancelled for July and possibly for August. Will get an update from the instructor. We are currently offering Mat & Chair Yoga. Will put the word out that we’re looking for new instructors and/or classes. 2. Intuitive Painting workshop went well – full class, participants were distanced accordingly along with the format of the workshop.
c. Other programs. Sale of discounted Trampoline Park tickets are going well. Discussed and will purchase another packet of discounted tickets.
d. Payment methods. Patricia is communicating with UniPay to find out if we can incorporate this payment method into the Town’s website (WordPress).
7. Town Beach. 1. Inquired with Brandi Page, Town Administrator, regarding an update on the safety cones and golf carts on Great Woods Road. She has contacted the Police Chief. These concerns will be discussed further this winter and there will be a discussion about traffic mitigation solutions that we could have in place for next spring. 2. Maintenance has informed Rec that the Town’s swim buoy lines have been moved several times, there have also been a couple of new moored boats right near the swim area. 3. People are disposing diapers in the porta pottie. Rec will put out a reminder that diapers are NOT to be disposed in the porta pottie. If it continues the porta pottie will be removed from the Town Beach. 4. Rec Comm inquired about water testing/results due to the amount of rain we’ve been getting. Patricia will inquire with the certified water tester about the results.
8. Trunk or Treat. Scheduled for 10/29/21, Friday, Otis Ridge parking lot. Town Hall parking lot was too small last year. Patricia inquired with Jamie at the Ridge and we’re all set to use the parking lot. This event will be sponsored by Rec, FRRSD PTA & Otis Police Dept. PTA will sponsor the prize for best decorated trunk. Inquired if PD will sponsor best costume prizes. Rec will take care of advertising and registrations.
9. Library Fair. Scheduled for 9/25/21, Saturday. Rain date 9/26/21. Discussed some possible ideas – bike helmets, car seat check, pumpkin give away.
10. Memos. None.
11. Old Business. 8/7/21 Zoo on the Go event, order ice cream truck and have bottled water available.
12. New Business. 1. 8/21/21 Otis Celebration Day cancelled. 2. Jewelry Workshop, 9/18/21, Saturday, 1:00-3:00pm, Otis Town Hall with Barbara Beaudry. 3. Paint & Sip, 10/16/21, Saturday, 1:00-3:00PM, Otis Town Hall with Jen Dorgan, Piece of My Art Studio owner/instructor. 4. Basket Weaving workshop has been tentatively moved to Spring 2022 due to Covid. 5. Gingerbread House Event, 12/11/21, Saturday SETUP, 12/12/21, Sunday EVENT. Discussed – in-person or kits? Will be determine as the date gets closer due to Covid.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:57PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.