July 19, 2018, Thursday @ 6:30PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Kathy Carroll, 6:50PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Present: Kathy Carroll, Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer, Mary Adams.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed & approved 6/21/18 meeting minutes.
- Town Accountant Reports. Will request on a quarterly basis.
- Rec Center Reports. Reviewed FY18 year end reports.
- Rec Center.
- CPR. We should receive the certificates next week.
- QuickBooks issues. Still receiving errors, no update yet on the new Town accounting software [yet].
- Town Website issues. Meeting with website consultant has been rescheduled to August to review issues.
- Weight Room. Discussed. No recent update. Inquire at upcoming All Board’s meeting if this can be repaired to be used as a “regular” room, not a weight room.
- Apparel. Patricia presented two designs to the Commissioners for the staff/volunteer shirts and will check with a suggested vendor for a quote.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- COA – Chair Yoga. Well attended.
- Intro to Chair Yoga. Will be offered in August.
- Essential Oils Workshop. Reviewed project proposal, discussed and approved.
- Fun in the Sun – community event, 7/21/18. Schedule 1:00-3:00PM magic show & balloon sculpting; 1:30-3:30PM caricatures & face painting. Ice cream truck will be at event, free ice cream (cost covered by the Rec Center).
- Glass Blowing Workshop – liability & insurance. Patricia will find out if we can be invoiced for this workshop.
- Jewelry Workshop – reschedule? Rescheduled to October.
- Joints & Glands Class. Reviewed proposal, discussed, approved.
- Obstacle Course – 8/18/18. Minimum participants to run course is 20 total (no minimum number of participants for age groups).
- Layout, setup, registrations, age groups, min # of participants, etc. Reviewed. Prizes will be distributed in “Otis” bags.
- Swim Lessons. Reviewed All Board’s update, no swim instructor applicants therefore swim lessons will not be offered this summer.
- Town Beach. Included below concerns with All Board’s update report.
- Non-hand carried vessel being launched.
- Buoy lines moved.
- Recreation vehicles.
- Sand – replenish.
- Play ship – mulch.
- Town Hall Kitchen usage.
- Town Hall Gym phone. No phone in gym – Rec inquired about emergency phone usage when Town Hall offices are closed i.e. evening & weekend classes/events. Included in All Board’s update report.
- Zumba. No update.
- Memos. Reviewed Rec All Board’s update.
- Old Business. None.
- New Business. 1. Rec Center (staff) handout updated, reviewed. 2. Ad will be published in the Sandisfield Times every other month for this fiscal year. 3. Triple-time swing dance scheduled for October 2018.
By Roll call vote, the Recreation Commission voted to go into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing a personnel issue at 8:14PM.
By roll call vote, the Recreation Commission voted to end Executive Session at 8:21PM and the Recreation Commission meeting was immediately reconvened and unanimously adjourned at 8:21PM.
Meeting adjourned at: 8:21PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.