June 22, 2017, Thursday @ 6:30PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Kathy Carroll, 6:45PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Present: Kathy Carroll, Mary Adams, Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Minutes. Approved 5/18/17 meeting minutes.
- FY17 remaining expenses. Reviewed.
- Rec Center.
- Website. The Town will be using a new host/program for the Town website starting in FY18.
- Maintenance. Note – going forward get multiple quotes and vote on the vendor for the flowers for flower barrels per Chris Morris.
- Exercise Equipment. Delivery scheduled for mid-July.
- Instructor policy. Reviewed, make revisions as noted. Final draft to be reviewed at next meeting. Patricia suggested that an instructor rate sheet be included with the policy (on a yearly basis). Instructors will receive the policy & rate sheet every year at the start of the fiscal year.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Updates. Patricia provided an update regarding online registrations through Google forms. It is going well except for some modifications that cannot be made.
- Obstacle Course Event. Scheduled for 8/19/17, Saturday, registration required. The Commission and Patricia will meet at the Town Hall Park 7/2/17 to plan and review materials for the course. We will need volunteers to help with building the props, setup, stations, takedown, etc.
- Cal Ripken Baseball. Donated $100, as Otis children participate in this community program.
- Dance-Hustle. Discussed. We had a big registration turnout but only about ½ showed with no one calling with their absences. This caused a problem as our Dance instructor made arrangements with volunteers to be partners with the singles for the four-week program. Participants registering and not calling and/or not showing up has become a consistent problem – discussed and approved, going forward, to implement a fee for Otis Residents/Otis Participants for programs/workshops which required registration. Registration closes on week prior to the start date of the program/workshop (unless otherwise noted). If an Otis Participants does not notify the Rec Center office that they cannot attend prior to the close of the registration date they will not receive a refund. Full refunds are permitted if the Otis Participant notifies the Rec Center Office no later than the registration close date, partial refunds are not permitted.
- Intuitive Painting. Discussed fees, Otis $18, Non-Otis $28.
- Yoga Workshop-May & August. Approved – August evening workshop – Intro to Ayurveda with Connie Wilson.
- Maple Corner Farm. Update and criteria change for next season. TABLED until the fall.
- Movie License. Discussed, approved.
- Shake your Soul.
- Swim Lessons. Discussed. If not enough kids for a level, keep the schedule the same.
- Christian’s Law. No update.
- Community event. Discussed – performer, face painting, ice cream, fire/rescue departments, possible handouts, and goody bags for the kids? Will discuss further at the next meeting.
- July & August classes/scheduling.
- Town Beach. 1. There is not a “no smoking” rule at the Beach. Discussed. Kathy will attend an All Board’s to discuss our concerns…second hand smoke and people disposing of cigarettes in the sand. 2. Patricia noted that the Town of Monterey seemed to also have issues with folks leaving their hand-carried vessels at their beach. She will forward their meeting minutes to Jim/Maintenance for review.
- Memos. None.
- Old Business. Patricia noted that we received two keys to access the Town Hall, both from Lisa. One is for instructor use (in the lockbox at the Town Hall) and Patricia has the other.
- New Business.
Meeting adjourned at: 8:35PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.