June 21, 2018, Thursday @ 6:30PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Kathy Carroll, 6:51PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Present: Kathy Carroll, Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer, Mary Adams.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Meeting Minutes. Reviewed & approved 5/31/18.
- Town Accountant Reports. The below items have been corrected by the Accountant and/or Treasurer.
- Capital Expense.
- FY17 Encumbered Funds.
- FY18 Discrepancies.
- Rec Center Reports.
- Review FY18. Reviewed.
- Rec Center.
- CPR. Discussed and decided to offer this class to Rec Center volunteers as well as Staff & Commissioners. Rec will cover the fee.
- QuickBooks issues. Patricia explained she is still having issues.
- Email (Verizon) issues.
- Town Website issues. Patricia explained she is still having issues. Website consultant meeting scheduled for July for technical issues.
- Weight Room. Discussed. Would like an updated status (repair room for regular usage?).
- Apparel. Discussed the importance of the Rec Center Staff/Volunteers/Commissioners being identified at events. Decided to order shirts. Discussed ordering vests for outdoor events for Staff/Commissioners.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- COA – Chair Yoga. Well attended. Discussed & decided to run Intro to Chair Yoga session in August, 30 minute class, drop-in, in the gym. Otis participants free, Non-Otis Flex Pass use.
- Fun in the Sun – community event, 7/21/18. Drop in, no registration required. Free. Patricia will post info on this event & the obstacle course on the Town Hall driveway sign.
- Glass Blowing Workshop – liability & insurance.
- Jewelry Workshop. Discussed, reschedule to the Fall.
- Obstacle Course – 8/18/18. Ages 3-7, 10-11:30AM & Ages 8-12, 12:30-2PM. Meet at Town Hall Park to review obstacle course.
- Layout, setup, registrations, age groups, etc.
- Screen-Free Week—BINGO. Went well, well attended.
- Swim Lessons. No applicants for instructor or assistant. Patricia contacted Rec Cross; they do not provide instructors, only their swim program structure/materials (for a fee). Also contacted Berkshire South, Winsted & Pittsfield YMCA to find out if any participants taking WSI (water safety instruction) classes were interested, no response.
- Town Beach. Discussed. Below issues submitted for All Board’s meeting.
- Non-hand carried vessel being launched.
- Buoy lines moved.
- Recreation vehicles.
- Town Hall Kitchen. A taxpayer inquired about the status of the Kitchen – is this a certified kitchen? Patricia referred her to contact the Board of Health.
- Certification of kitchen?
- Memos. Reviewed memo for All Board’s meeting.
- Old Business.
- New Business. 1. Patricia mentioned there was an inquiry from Maple Corner Farm regarding advertising, which she listed the marketing of the program to them. Discuss MCF passes at July meeting. 2. Contacted Heather Bilotta regarding meditation classes – no update. 3. Patricia outreached to Zumba instructors in the area.
Meeting adjourned at: 8:30PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.