May 18, 2017, Thursday @ 6:30PM
Harmony Hall, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Meeting called by & time: Kathy Carroll, 6:50PM.
Meeting facilitated by: Kathy Carroll.
Board Members Present: Kathy Carroll, Mary Adams, Dana Pustinger.
Board Members Absent: Bill Dyer.
Others Present: Patricia Richard, Program Supervisor.
- Introductions. None needed.
- Review & approval of Minutes. Approved 4/20/17 meeting minutes.
- FY18 Budget.
- Town Meeting 5/16/17. Budget passed.
- Capital Expense request. Passed at Town Meeting, article #10, Precor AMT equipment for Cardio Room.
- FY17 remaining expenses. Reviewed. Highway Department filled some pot holes on the Town Beach driveway area and inquired if Rec would pay for this expense. Discussed – the Commission feels it’s the Highway Department’s expense because it’s their responsibility to maintain Town property/roads. Discussed hand-carried vessels being left at the Town Beach on a regular basis.
- Rec Center.
- Website. The Town will be going with a new website provider in FY18.
- Instructor policy. Discussed draft policy.
- Programs/Project Proposals.
- Updates. Writing your Family History program, Otis participants free, Non-Otis $36.
- Obstacle Course Event. Discussed tentative date/time (8/19/17, Saturday, 10AM-2PM), age ranges (3-7 & 8-12) & ideas.
- Intuitive Painting. Scheduled for 8/11/17, Friday, 2:00-4:00PM. Fee for Otis & Non-Otis participants TBD.
- Jewelry Workshop. Went well, well attended. Discussed the possibility of offering another workshop in November.
- Maple Corner Farm. Update and criteria change for next season. TABLED.
- Screen Free Week – BINGO.
- Shake your Soul.
- Swim Lessons.
- Christian’s Law. Patricia contacted the State again to find out if the Rec Center’s swim lessons fall into this category since the Law was finalized at the beginning of the month – we do not.
- Community event – performer. Patricia presented a draft schedule of events.
- July & August classes/scheduling. Patricia reviewed the scheduling for the upcoming months – June, July & August. Cardio Blast, Chair Yoga, Chair Tai Chi/Qigong, Tai Chi/Qigong, Yoga, STRETCH, Shake your Soul Dance & Swim Lessons.
- Memos. None.
- Old Business. Patricia mentioned that the movie license renewal rate has increased slightly. Discussed. Discuss further at FY19 budget preparation.
- New Business. Discussion – people smoking at the Town Beach as well as discarding their cigarettes in the beach sand. Discuss at All Board’s meeting.
Meeting adjourned at: 8:53PM.
Respectfully submitted by: Patricia Richard.
Submitted to Town Clerk.