RE-OPENING THE OTIS LIBRARY !!
We are excited to announce the safe and limited opening of the Otis Library on
Thursday April 1, 2021
The Otis Library hours: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday closed
Wednesday 11-5; Thursday 11-5; Friday 11-5
Saturday curbside pick up only
The socially distant capacity of the Library will be 10 people. Therefore, admittance to the Library will be by appointment only. Please call 413-269-0109, you can leave a message, or email email@example.com.
- Patrons may use the Library for computer use. While continuing to maintain safe, strict social distancing the Library will allow 3 Library computer appointments and 2 computer appointments using private devices. Face masks & gloves are required. Appointment duration will be determined by the Library staff.
- Patrons may come to the Library to browse and select materials. Face masks and gloves must be worn, and strict social distancing will be maintained. The Circulation, Roosevelt, and Non-Fiction Rooms will be opened for browsing.
- Curbside Services will continue. Call the library to make requests or email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Librarians will work with members of the public on an appointment basis using appropriate distancing procedures and personal protective equipment. Librarian services include preparing patron request for pick up, copying, scanning, sending faxes, providing technology assistance, research and reference.
- Returned Materials must be placed in the outside book depository. Librarians empty the book depository wearing gloves and masks. Returned items are place in quarantine for 72 hours before being processed for return and subsequent circulation.
Reopening policies and procedures
- Librarians are available to help patrons learn how to access digital services.
- Patrons are encouraged to continue to use online services and resources.
- All items borrowed are fine free.
- Librarians can obtain materials, prepare patron requests for pick up, and potentially work with members of the public on an appointment basis using appropriate distancing procedures and personal protective equipment.