Project Introduction: The Town of Otis is working to develop a Hazard Mitigation Plan and needs your help.
The defined mission for the Town of Otis Vulnerability and Hazard Mitigation Plan is to identify risks both manmade and natural to develop strategies to eliminate or reduce the potential for loss of life, property, infrastructure, cultural, environmental & natural resources of the Town from disasters and to develop sustainable cost-effective actions to mitigate those risks and the impacts of natural or manmade hazards.
Mitigation Goals & Objectives were established as follows:
- Identify vulnerabilities & hazard risks throughout the Town
- Develop and implement sustainable, cost effective and environmentally sound nature based risk-reduction (mitigation) projects.
- Protect the lives, health, safety and property of the citizens of Otis.
- Protect public services and critical facilities, including infrastructure, from loss of use during natural hazard events and potential damage from such events.
- Involve the community to enhance the local capacity to mitigate, prepare for and respond to the impacts of natural hazards.
- Develop, promote and integrate mitigation action plans.
- Promote public understanding of and support for hazard mitigation.MVP/HM URL Links for Town of OtisMunicipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program Information:
Climate Change clearinghouse for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
Hazard Mitigation Program Information:
Massachusetts Integrated State Hazard Mitigation and Climate Adaptation Plan: