Town of Otis
Planning Board Meeting Minutes
December 10, 2018
Town Hall Inspectors’ Office
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm in the Otis Town Hall Inspectors’ Room.
Present: Michael Ernst, Jim Kauffman, Rona Knight, Jen Daily, Hal Kobrin, Mike Parsons, Celeste Watman, Sonia Morrison, Mike Parsons, Michael Knight, Diane Provenz
Approval of Minutes: The November 19, 2018 Planning Board meeting minutes were approved as written. Jen made the motion to accept and Hal seconded.
Form A ANR: Mike Parsons is here on behalf of Scott Hansen. There are two lots on the corner of West Center Road and Hayes Hill Road (Map9A Lots 72 and 74) that have land spits that Scott would like to have conveyed to him. There are no documents available proving these shaded land spits can be conveyed to Scott as the land is currently owned by others. This has been tabled until the January meeting so additional information can be presented.
Recreational Marijuana Bylaw: Jen asked if this is the kind of town we want to be. Rona is also opposed to having this type of business here because of the problems Franklin, MA is experiencing. She read the minutes from a Franklin, MA Planning Board meeting noting the elements that can be released into the air to a detrimental effect to the community and on the population. The concern is that this industry will negatively affect the quality of life in town. Michael asked if we can have a bylaw drafted for Otis by the January meeting. Hal, Rona, and Jen agreed to have a draft by then.
2019 Meeting Dates: The dates for Town Holidays and for Planning Board meetings were presented to everyone at the meeting for their reference.
DLTA Grant: Hal is submitting the grant application to apply for an engineering study for the sewer extension now that our Master Plan is current.
Complete Streets: Hal brought up this topic noting that Historical would like to partner with Planning to get funds for improving the Knox Trail. The Historical Commission would also like to collaborate with Planning with inventorying the historical buildings in town as well as improving ADA requirements for various buildings.
Jen moved the meeting be adjourned, Rona seconded, and the meeting was unanimously adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Planning Board Clerk
Town of Otis
List of Documents
- A copy of the Form A ANR from Mike Parsons will be filed with these meeting minutes.
- A copy of the Canfil document from Rona listing the harmful element information will be filed with these meeting minutes.
- A copy of various emails from Rona regarding DEP air quality information in Franklin, MA will be filed with these meeting minutes.
- A copy of the 2019 Otis Town Holidays and 2019 Planning Board Meeting Schedule will be filed with these meeting minutes.
- A copy of the email from the Historical Commission regarding their intentions will be filed with these meeting minutes.