Otis Library Meeting
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Five-year Committee- 5:30, Full Board – 6:30
Members present included: Jane Feldman (acting chair), Kathy Bort, Susan Ebitz, Walter Engels, Steve Graves, Eve Kummel, and Celeste Watman. The meeting was called to order at 6:33.
1. June and July Minutes were approved
2. June and July Treasurer’s reports
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Director’s Report:
- Attendance has averaged around 60-70 per day and circulation is high – delivery has averaged 5 bins per week. 60% in 40% out
- Special Programs Participation:
- “Build a Better World” Summer Reading – Story Hour – 2, Trivial Pursuit – 14, Scavenger Hunt – 6, Bingo – 4, Builders club – 6
- Alcohol Painting on Tile art – 6
- Watercolors – 6
- Computer Workshops: Windows 10 – 6, Internet & Mail – 5, IOS Applications – 7
- STATE ARIS REPORT (annual report information survey)
- PERSONNEL & SALARIES – SAME AND NO INCREASES, information about holdings, circulation, patrons, and attendance was also shared.
- Evaluation of the Fair
- Vendors very happy for the support in setting up tents, and loading and unloading
- Customers seemed to have a good time
- Right amount of food ordered – there was less waste
- Police have been contacted about traffic for next year
- Five Year Committee Report – Full board will meet on Wednesday, August 30th to review the subcommittee report. The subcommittee has been meeting regularly to make the deadline.
- Old Business
- Hanger System – waiting for Jim C. to be available for help
- Library Survey – The library staff has been handing out index cards to participate in a statewide survey
The meeting was adjourned at 7: 20. The board went into Executive Session at 7:30 until 8:00.