Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
Time: Jul 21, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 823 4247 4087
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,82342474087# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82342474087# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 823 4247 4087
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for August 18, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wed., August 5, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday August 18, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: June 16, 2020 Remote Meeting
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Civil Arc Design, on behalf of Frank and Maria Tilli, 118 Pike Road, map 16B lot 8, regarding the installation of a new boathouse and dock in the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Benton Shores Property Owners Assn. Board of Directors, on behalf of BSPOA, Parish Drive, map 11F lot 65, regarding the removal of a damaged tree within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Gary & Lori McCauley, 5 Old Stagecoach Road, map 17D lot 11, regarding the removal and replacement of 2 trees within the BZ of OR, as well as restacking of existing stonewall on the shoreline of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Jeffrey Gamelli with Gamelli Title 5 Consultants, on behalf of Tom Smith, 1419 East Otis Road, map 15A lot 33, regarding the demo and installation of a new home, and a new septic system upgrade, all within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by White Engineering Inc., on behalf of David Tuzzio & Jasmine Kaempfer, Lincoln Road, map 14E lot 53, regarding the building of a home, driveway, well, septic, electric conduit, all within 500’ of an intermittent stream.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Deborah Flood, 23 & 29 Flint Farm Lane, regarding the removal of tree(s) within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Kimberly Bruscoe, 24 S. Gate Island Rd., map 17C lot 6, regarding the proposed repair of existing rock seawall that is in poor condition, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Peter Wolk, 64 S. Gate Island Road, map 17C lot 14, regarding the rebuilding of an existing seawall in disrepair in the bank area of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from June Meeting – Submitted by Dave Wheeler, on behalf of Nicole & Marc Maddalena, 29 Bay Point Road, regarding the installation of a new moveable shed in existing footprint; and the planting of two new trees, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 47 N. Lake Avenue, regarding removal of a dead oak tree within the BZ of OR; inspection done 7/14/2020.
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 24 Pine Road Ext., regarding removal of a dead birch tree within the BZ of OR; inspection done 7/14/2020.
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 64 Drive B, Wagner, regarding removal of a 3 dead trees within the BZ of OR; inspection done 7/14/2020.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Review of approvals and planting plan for 64 Drive B
Next Office Hours: Wednesday, August 5th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for August 18, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday August 5, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***