Otis Library Board Meeting –
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Full Board – 6:30
Members present: Lois Hall, Susan Ebitz, Celeste Watman, Eve Kummel and Walter Engel
Absent: James Adams, Kathy Bort, Diane Dyer and Jane Feldman
The meeting was called to order by Eve Kummel at 6:40pm.
Celeste requested that the June minutes be accepted as amended. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
Walter explained the May Treasure’s report and a motion to accept was made and seconded. In his July treasure’s report, Walter explained that fixed assets are items that are voted on by the board and are considered capital expenditures. He also reported that the Library staff and the Board of Trustees will complete the Bank Secrecy Act Form. A motion was made and seconded to accept the June Treasure’s report.
ATTENDANCE: DAILY 30 TO 50, FISCAL YEAR 18, = 7,119
REGISTRATIONS: NEW 81, FISCAL YEAR 18, = 1339
|Last Year||This Year|
|Computer Use||796 (hours only)||2,296|
PASSES 272 1. NORMAN ROCKWELL, 2. BERKSHIRE MUSEUM, 3. THE CLARK, 4. MASS MOCA
- NEW CABINET INSTALLED
- PROGRAMS HAVE STARTED – attendance figures
STEVE OTFINOSKI 28
COMING THIS WEEK ROCKETRY 7/16, EBAY WORKSHOP 7/17, MUSEUM SPACE PROGRAM 7/20
FACILITIES: APPLIED TO ST MARY’S FOR WILLIAMS PRESENTATION, 7/31, and NINI GLIDER 8/14
APPLIED TO CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH FAMILY SING A LONG 8/4
LIGHTING: LOGSDON ELECTRIC: ALL ESTIMATES HAVE BEEN REVIEWED, THE TAXES WILL BE REMOVED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES. INDOOR WORK IS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 20TH THIS IS THE LICHTING PROJECT. OUTSIDE WORK WILL BE DONE LATER IN AUGUST.
TECHNOLOGY VIRTUAL SERVER ESTIMATE $750
Our equipment and devices have become so extensive and usage is so varied that the time has come to have our own server to control usage, oversee and co-ordinate services and programs, put all equipment on a network so service is unilateral not individual, control printers, make website possibilities, etc. The estimate for a server three years ago was well over $1500; however now the system could be on a virtual server with both a primary and secondary back up. Jon has set this up for several of his clients and he is now proposing it for the library.
Old Business – (misplaced in conversation, typed in chronological order)
- Celeste – newly typed job descriptions have been placed in a notebook.
- Celeste, Eve, and Jane shared that the accessory sale to benefit the library would take place on August 4th from noon to 3 PM
- Receptions for upcoming talks and programs – the library will provide refreshments for William Stone presentation, for the sing-a-long on August 4, and the talk by Nini Glider on 8/14. the campfire.
New Business –
- Election of officers was tabled until more trustees were in attendance.
- Several of the trustees expressed interest in attending an open meeting law presentation in Sandisfield on August 6th.
- The furniture in the reading room was discussed. Celeste brought in a variety of chair models for consideration. It was decided to “live with the furniture” that was in the room from both a space and aesthetic consideration before buying new pieces.
- Jane will order the new hanging system this winter when other work has been completed.
A motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting. Meeting Adjourned at 8:10.
Susan Ebitz, Recording Secretary
Next Meeting: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 6:30