Otis Library Museum Meeting – Minutes
Thursday, July 9, 5:00 PM*
- Meeting was held remotely in accordance with MA Open Meeting Law
Members present -Celeste Watman, Diane Dyer, Donna Rich, Jane Feldman, Kathy Bort, Lois Hall, Sue Brofman, Jim Adams, Patty Strauch, and Susan Ebitz
Chair Diane Dyer called the meeting to order at 5:10 and announced that
The June Minutes were unavailable, tabled until next month.
Treasurer’s reports: Patty Strauch reported that the library was approved for $9,100 for staff salaries dispensed by the Federal Payroll Protection Plan. (PPP).
Director’s Report: (unedited)
Curbside Program is working well
Director’s RECOMMENDATION: Continue PHASE II, Step One, thru September 30, 2020
Phase Three (Step 1) Started (in MA) July 6,2020
Opening of Circulation
Concern: no seating or loitering, one-way traffic, need second door, social distancing defined as 8 persons per 1,000 square feet (including personnel) library capability approximately 1500 square ft circulation area accommodating 10 persons.
Computer Use. only library equipment, need covers, & Protection, space limitations, time limitations
Indoor Services need to evaluate what services would be possible at this time with the regulations set by the CDC
Survey of Berkshire County Libraries Pittsfield opening July 13; Stockbridge, Monterey, New Marlborough planning for August; Lenox, Lee Gt. Barrington, Lanesboro, no plans to date.
Summer Reading Programs
Virtual Reading Program with Brag Tags
Reading Story Susan Ebitz
Diane recommended that the board take the Director’s recommendation and revisit the opening in August. Sue B. made a motion that was seconded by Donna to accept this recommendation. It was unanimously approved.
- Susan proposed children’s face masks as a possible fundraiser be tabled.
- Sue B. suggested to table the 5K fundraiser until Spring
- The “Duck Race” race committee proposes Columbus Day weekend to allow water levels at the Farmington River to get higher. Tee shirts, raffle tickets, and raffle prizes were proposed and discussed.
- Jim continues to look into alternative fundraising and will report back in August.
- Jane has resigned from the Board. The Board accepted her resignation with deep regret as Jane contributed a great deal to the organization.
- All members discussed the possibility of recruiting new members, especially those under 50
- A Storywalk is planned as part of the Summer Reading Program. Kerry chose “Tales of Peter Rabbitt,” which Lois laminated. Susan will put the pages at the Farmington River Trail and join Nina Carr (South Berkshire Kids) in presenting the event “live” on Saturday, August 8th.
- Susan asked for and all agreed that we either meet using Zoom or in person. It was too difficult to hear each other in front of the library.
The motion to adjourn the regular meeting was made by Sue and seconded by Celeste at 7:00 PM.
Susan Ebitz, Recording Secretary
Next Meeting: July 9,2020, agenda items due July 6, 2020
Future Meetings: August 13, 2020, Sept. 10, 2020, October 8th, 2020
* Meeting will be conducted in accordance of the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law