Otis Library & Museum Minutes* via Zoom
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Members in attendance: Diane Dyer, Chair, James Adams, Kathy Bort, Susan Brofman, Susan Ebitz, Lois Hall, Gloria Mamokhin, Donna Rich, Celeste Watman
Meeting called to order at 5:10 by Diane Dyer, Chair
- Approval of March Minutes – unanimously approved
- Approval March Treasurer’s reports – tabled pending statements
- Director’s Report – (see attached, unedited)
- Unfinished/Ongoing Business
- Gardening Programming via Zoom – Diane reported that it went very well with 15 people in attendance. Nicolle provided great notes.
- LTC “Diversity Otis” – grant (Donna, & Susan)
- Donna” shared that the theme for “Pop-In “Poetry will be the wonder of living things and that the outdoor, in-person event is scheduled for April 24, at 7:00 PM. The program is appropriate for the ages of 12 through adult. Donna and Susan noted the goal was for the library to continue to strive bringing the community together in conversations and provide outreach to other ages. The next StoryWalk, is scheduled for Saturday, April 17th, at 1:00 PM and will feature the book Kindness is My Superpower.
- Susan reported that two conversations about books and materials for the school and the “One Community, One Book” have been scheduled with members of Diverse Otis and the Otis Cultural Council.
- New Business
- Lois reported that 32 pairs of pajamas have been collected for the Boston Bruins to share with foster children. The drive ends April 1.
- Kathy, Diane, Sue B. Donna, Larry Gould and Susan E. will virtually attend a meeting hosted by Laura Stara and Andrea Bunker of the Massachusetts Building Public Library Commission (MBLC) on Friday, April 9th. The MLBC is looking to pilot with a small rural library and provide more money, support on a faster timetable.
- Vaccination Update: We can meet “in-person” on May 13th as everyone will be fully vaccinated. We will meet outside Town Hall. Susan will request the date and the key in case the weather is bad.
- The Staff and Trustees Fair chose Saturday, September 25th for the Library Fair with Sunday, September 26th as a rain date.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:20 PM
Susan Ebitz, Recording Secretary
DIRECTOR’S REPORT April 2021
1.Circulation & Attendance Approximately 10-12 transactions
2.Opening April 1 18 curbside; 26 Browsing; 4 Technology
Re-opening rules & regulations attached.
3.Delivery 3 bins weekly
- Acquisitions Recent Releases files sent to patrons, posted on website & copies will be made upon request…
5.Museum Passes: waiting on a decision on Magic Wings, waiting for Clark & MassMOCA
- COMING SHARED ZOOM PROGRAMS zoom programs shared with Becket & West Stockbridge libraries – pre-registration is required
Blues & Poetry of the Harlem Renaissance APRIL IS POETRY MONTH
Robin O’Herin Part 1 Apr 16 7:00-8:30 PM
Part 2 Apr 30 7:00-8:30
Let’s Draw Cartoons BEGINNING SCHOOL VACATIONS
Rick Stromoski April 19 2021 4:00-5:00
- Coming soon
Would your Library like to schedule a Zoom class called, “Spring Cleaning: Organizing Your Home?”
This is a timely class for adults since so many people are spending so much time at home, taking classes at home, and working from home due to the pandemic.
I would like to offer this remote Zoom class for the Library in April or May. My fee is $125.
Here is the class description:
The dream is to make everything in your home easy to find, quick to locate, always there when you need it, great looking, and stress free. That’s not always the case. Join us for a presentation about organizing your home in a time when more people are spending more time at home from work and school.
Glenn Davison is a professional presenter who has taught hundreds of classes on a variety of topics. His clear and informative style has helped many others with garages, computers, closets, and more. One student said his Organizing Your Home class was “Very cool! It was really good for me and motivated me.” This class includes a list that provides resources to help you continue organizing after the class is done. His goal is to give people the motivation and tools to make lasting improvements in the way they organize their lives.