Minutes for Otis Library Museum February Meeting
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Five Year Subcommittee 5:30
Full Board 6:30
Members Present: Kathy Bort, Diane Dyer, Susan Ebitz, Steve Graves, Eve Kummel (acting
chair)and Celeste Watman, meeting called to order at 6:35
- Introduction and welcome of Celeste Watman to the full board
- Approval of November/December Minutes
Celeste suggested a text change that was accepted
Moved and accepted
Revised Mission Statement for the Otis Library and Museum (2/16/17)
The mission of the Otis Library and Museum, is to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, as well as a wide range of materials, both print and non print. The collection is enhanced by local and statewide materials which encourage patrons to enrich their personal and professional lives.
The Library Trustees and Staff promote the idea that a well-informed citizenry is essential for our town and that the library will serve as a learning and resource center for all residents and visitors to our community.
- Treasure’s Report
Four months of treasure’s reports were accepted with two abstentions
Library has an ancient broadband, currently we’re paying $2900 for per year from CWMARS.We’ve been offered a monthly alternative of $1200 from the last mile, we found that this is too expensive
- Director’s Report
“Love your Library” was successful with the public
Attendance is low to medium
Circulation is higher than last year, especially with delivery and DVD’s
Starting to see an increase in audiobooks usage
The website was done in January and will updated February 21, The Observer &
Gazette was done February 16
A new Cannon Printer was replaced
Cisco is no longer offering discounts to library and museums therefore we will seek another source for routers.
- New Business (with Kathy’s input and legwork)
- Vendor letter – Kathy has heard from 3 vendors, letter should go out in March, the fair will be held on Saturday, July 8, from 10:00 to 3:30.
- Annual appeal letter – Celeste will review and bring back to the board for approval
- PJ Drive – Boston Bruins is partnering, people can contribute until March 15, So far 14 pairs have been donated so far, we’re looking for 60 pairs
- Tribute to Hank – Make him Grand Marshall of the Fair, signed book of
- Tax preparations- Patti did the 1099 forms for two venders that must file for making more than $600
- “Colorful Storytelling” Workshop – Kathi Casey, and Dianna Mullane
- Trustee of Reservations pass – new “Go Passes” for $ 350 with a 100 vouchers that are good for one year, Each voucher admits two adults and all children under 18.
- Berkshire Family History Association- Genealogical Program on Thursday, May 18, 2017, 6:00 -9:00.
- Five Year Subcommittee reports
225 survey responses so far, closing online February 28th, paper surveys will be distributed through the senior center, the dump and collected for analysis after March 15. The group is collecting and analyzing data, writing summaries
- Meeting adjourned at 7:50. Next meeting: 5 Year Subcommittee at 5:30, and regular board at 6:30.