Instruct structured swim lessons at the Town Beach.
Summary of Essential job functions:
Ability to instruct/supervise children (ages 3-14) within swim lessons; ability to have children follow rules; ability to use good judgment for conflict/resolution situations; maintain a safe environment; help with setup/takedown of swim lesson supplies/items. July & August sessions (three weeks each month), three times a week, lessons are scheduled in the afternoon. (Final schedule details TBD.)
• Age 18+
• Must have current WSI lifeguard/instructor certifications* (Red Cross, Swim America or equivalent)
• Must have current CPR/First Aid certifications
• Must be responsible
• Must have good communication skills
• Must have ability to handle conflict/resolution situations
• C.O.R.I check (Criminal Offender Record Information)
*Get your WSI class paid for (up to $300) if you apply & get hired at the Rec Center as Swim Instructor. The Rec Center will reimburse you (up to $300) the class fee when you have completed instruction for the full term of the 2019 swim program.
CONTACT REC CENTER OFFICE FOR MORE INFO OR TO APPLY.
Otis Rec Center, 70 North Main Road, Otis, MA 01253
THE TOWN OF OTIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER