- This event has passed.
Conservation Commission Meeting
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday July 20, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – In Person @ Town Hall
- Deadline for July 20, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: May 19, 2021 Remote Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chaffee Construction on behalf of James & Cheryl McIntire, 512 North Main Rd., map 6 lot 127, regarding clean-up of riverfront area, removal of foundations for old shed, back porch & decks & rebuild of same in existing footprints, all within the 200’ resource area of the Farmington River.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Pete Zarichak on behalf of David Foster, 23 Flint Farm Road, map 15C lot 47, regarding the repair & replacement of 35’ concrete foundation and footing, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by James & Kathryn Watkins, 10 S. Lake Ave., map 18 lot 45, regarding the addition of a low PT wood deck adjacent to existing home, to hold a removable sauna, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by White Engineering, Inc., on behalf of Daniel Zenkel w/Larkum Lake Real Estate Co., LLC, 620 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 60, regarding the construction of a new cabin on helical piers for adult staff, within the BZ of Larkum Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by R. Levesque Assocs., Inc., on behalf of Jeffrey Hiller w/Hiller Nominee Trust, 986 Reservoir Rd., map 15C lot 39-40-46, regarding the demolition of a portion of existing home & construction of a new addition, replacement of existing dock & repair of waterfront stone retaining walls and stairs, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from May Meeting – Submitted by Chaffee Construction on behalf of Matt & Annett Lilly, 21 Chestnut Lane, map 16C lot 2, regarding repairs to existing dock including replacement of all decking, within the BZ of OR. **Needed more info from applicant on specific work **
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from May 20 Meeting – Submitted by Doot Construction on behalf of Robert Sadock, 20 Phelps Drive, map 7A lot 8, regarding the 12’ x 26’ addition to existing house on a non-conforming lot, within the BZ of Watson Pond. Concom was OK with work, but the Town denied the work.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from May 20 Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Extension of OOC – Otis Wood Lands, Lakeshore Drive, map 384 lot 34, regarding the extension of OOC issued under DEP File 254-0410, on 7/17/2018.
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, July 7th – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. @ Otis Town Hall
- Deadline for July 20, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday July 7, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** In-Person Meeting @ Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***
Time: Jun 15, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 820 2105 2065
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,82021052065# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82021052065# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 820 2105 2065
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keygxIjlwD