- This event has passed.
Conservation Commission Meeting
May 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Otis Conservation Commission
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Next Meeting is Tuesday June 15, 2021 @ 6:00 PM – Remote Via Zoom
- Deadline for June 15, 2021 Meeting Applications is Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at 6:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: April 20, 2021 Remote Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by Robert Whitaker, on behalf of Jackie & Bob Gentile, 43 White Lily Rd., map 8B lot 8, regarding the harvesting of bladderwort from White Lily Pond to retard eutrophication.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering, on behalf of Susan Lopatkin, 783 Algerie Rd., map 12A lot 34, regarding the addition of habitable space, deck and screen porch within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Berkshire Engineering, on behalf of Barry Macklin, 66 Loop Drive, map 403 lot 92, regarding the implementation of walkway & drainage improvements within the BZ of Benton Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Submitted by BGT, on behalf of Frederick Altice & Marwan Haddad, 97 D’Wolfe Drive, map 7 lot 1, regarding the construction of a stone retaining wall along the shoreline of Watson Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from April Meeting – Submitted by Chaffee Construction on behalf of Matt & Annett Lilly, 21 Chestnut Lane, map 16C lot 2, regarding repairs to existing dock including replacement of all decking, within the BZ of OR. **Needed more info from applicant on specific work **
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from April Meeting – Submitted by Justin Hyland on behalf of Matt & Annett Lilly, 21 Chestnut Lane, map 16C lot 2, regarding landscaping work within the BZ of OR. *** Needed more info from applicant on specific work ***
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from April Meeting – Submitted by Foresight Land Services on behalf of George Martin, 1010 Reservoir Road, map 15 lot 45, regarding the drilling of a deep well & installation of water & electric lines within the BZ of OR. *** Needed more info from applicant on where fines would go ***
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from April 20 Meeting – Submitted by Doot Construction on behalf of Robert Sadock, 20 Phelps Drive, map 7A lot 8, regarding the 12’ x 26’ addition to existing house on a non-conforming lot, within the BZ of Watson Pond. Concom was OK with work, but the Town denied the work.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from April 20 Meeting – Submitted by Daniel Giusti, 1555 West Center Road, map 6 lot 172, regarding the installation of a WLC device, to mitigate beaver dam flooding, in the resource area of Benton Brook.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Emergency Certifications:
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Public Hearing – Follow Up on Issued OOC 254-0369 – 64 Drive B, John Wagner – required to plant several of trees that were taken down without approval, as well as planting of native species in the north area of property, as per ordered under OOC issued 254-0369.
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, June 2nd – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. *** Held Remotely: In-person Meetings by Advance Appointment Only *** – Deadline for June 15, 2021 meeting Applications is Wednesday June 2, 2021 by 6 PM – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 – 6:00 pm ** Held Remotely via Zoom ***
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily
Topic: Conservation Commission
Time: May 19, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 874 7608 8426
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87476088426# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,87476088426# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 874 7608 8426
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kkYvfCHeL
represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***