- This event has passed.
Conservation Commission Meeting
June 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Otis Conservation Commission
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Otis Town Hall, 1 North Main Road, Otis, MA
- Opening Items: Introductions
- Notice that meeting is recorded
- Deadline for July 21, 2020 Meeting Applications is Wed., July 1, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Next Meeting is Tuesday July 21, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
- Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: April 21, 2020 and May 19, 2020 Remote Meetings
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Smith Family Living Trust, Theresa Smith Trustee, 63 Partridge Road, map 16A lot 15, regarding the removal of 3 dead/dying trees, one of which is within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Chris Tryon with BGT, on behalf of Timothy O’Brien, 134 Pike Road, map 16B lot 7, regarding the application for a Chapter 91 license for existing dock and jet-ski lifts on Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Submitted by Kimberly & Jared Bruscoe, 24 S. Gate Island Road, map 17C lot 6, regarding the addition of a walk-out basement beneath existing home, and removal of 2 trees causing damage to property, all within the BZ of OR.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from June Meeting – Submitted by Dave Wheeler, on behalf of Nicole & Marc Maddalena, 29 Bay Point Road, regarding the installation of a new moveable shed in existing footprint; and the planting of two new trees, all within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Public Hearing – RDA – Continued from June Meeting – Submitted by Chaffee Construction, on behalf of Karen Coviello, 72 Mallard Road, map 11F lot 94, regarding the removal of three trees within the BZ of Big Pond.
- Public Hearing – NOI – Continued from June Meeting – Submitted by Janet Baker with Outdoor Services, on behalf of Wayde McMillan, 633 Pine Road, map 17D lot 20, regarding the installation of drive on, removable jet-ski lift attached to existing dock, within the BZ of Otis Reservoir.
- Enforcement Order(s)/Letters:
- Public Hearing – Enforcement Order: 164 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 48, regarding the unauthorized cutting within a protected area. On 6/5/2020, an OCC member observed several stumps, left behind by recent cutting.
- Public Hearing – Enforcement Order: 156 Kibbe Road, map 17C lot 47, regarding unauthorized cutting within a protected area. On 6/5/2020, an OCC member observed someone attempting to cut down a large Spruce tree, within a protected area, and on MA DCR state land. Person was told to cease and desist.
- Emergency Certifications:
- Public Hearing – EC Tree Removal – 142 Kibbe Road, regarding 4 trees that are leaning against the existing house, and causing damage. John Field Tree Service to do the work; inspection done 6/2/2020.
- Forest Cutting Plan(s):
- Extension of OOC:
- Certificates of Compliance:
- Any topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair:
- Next Office Hours: Wednesday, July 1st – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Otis Town Hall – Deadline for July 21, 2020 meeting Applications is Wednesday July 1, 2020 at 6 PM!
- Next meeting: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 – 6:00 pm at Otis Town Hall
*** Please Note: The order of the posted agenda, may not necessarily represent the order of applications heard at our meeting ***
Topic: Conservation Commission 6/16/20 6 PM
Time: Jun 16, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 821 9963 3978
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,82199633978# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,82199633978# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 821 9963 3978
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kLIcSriWx