OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
MEETING OF MARCH 22, 2016
I. Meeting was called to order at 6:02PM.
Attendees: Jeanne Randorf, Diane Provenz, Deb Fogel, Carol Lombardo, Mary Jo Engels, Al Blake, Arlene Tolopko, Ilona Packie, Ilisa Sulner.
II. The minutes of the November 9, 2015 were approved.
a. Financial – In the absence of Shanon Albee, the financial report was presented by Jeanne Randorf. Questions to be held for Shanon Albee.
b. Chair Report –
1. FY 2017 budget – Jeanne Randorf presented level funding budget to the Town of Otis. Budget request to the Town was approved by the board.
2. Jeanne Randorf met with the music director of the Farmington River School for the purpose of possibly funding a program.
3. Illona Packie suggested that Farmington School might explore the installation of an electronic sign to replace the the present wooden sign. To be discussed at a later date by OCC.
IV. Recycling program – After lengthy discussion, Al Blake made a motion to continue our recycling program at the Transfer Station. Motion passed.
V. Otis Flower Barrel Project
Thanks-a-bunch Lunch – Illona Packie is coordinating. To be held at Fratelli’s on April 20, 2016 at 4:00PM
VI. Past Events
1. Songbirds – Jeanne Randorf attended. It was fine but it was noted that not many children asked questions.
2. Chili Cookoff – David Reed was excellent. Should be reinvited.
3. Triple Shadow – Jeanne Randorf reported that it was very professional .
VII. Upcoming Events
A draft list of planned events was distributed. It will be updated as needed.
1. Colonial Encampment to be held on Farmington School back field May 21/22.
2. Music event to be organized by music director. Details to follow.
b. Tag Sale – May 28. Subject to approval. Coordinated by Vicki Ernst.
c. Sup-n-Swing – June 18, 6:00PM with music by Wanda Houston 7:00-9:30PM
Diane Provenz coordinating. To be held at Isacc Walton Field
d. Water color and quilting – Always popular. Look forward to continuing.
e. Arts Festival – October 15, 2016 – Deb Fogel coordinating – Applications will be available in May. Illona Packie will handle flyers. Villa Mia to provide food. Discussion held on whether to include harvest activities.
Meeting adjourned at 7:38PM
Next Meeting to be held on April 26, at 6:00PM
Mary Jo Engels