OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
NOVEMBER 14, 2018 MEETING
- Meeting called to order at 6:06PM
Attendees – Jeanne Randorf, Mary Jo Engels, Carol Lombardo, Arlene Tolopko, Deb Fogel, Vicki Ernst, Shanon Albee, Ilisa Sulner
- Minutes of September 12, 2018 were accepted.
- Financial report – Given by Shanon Albee – Shanon stated that $10,800 received from MA State funds, Town of Otis funds and OCC fundraising was available to be awarded for grants. A small amount of additional funds are available if needed.
- Chair Report – Community surveys were received and grant applications for 2019 have been received.
- Review of grant applications – Applications have been divided into four categories for review.
- Youth programs – All youth programs were accepted with the exception of the Green Art Workshop. Pending teacher support, this may be accepted at a later date. Carol Lombardo made a motion to grant $7,857.50 for school programs. Mary Jo Engels seconded the motion.
- Lectures and workshops – Five applications were received, three were accepted. Yoga was rejected as it already exists in the community. The David Maloof Workshop is still under review. Otis Quilt Guild will receive $500 instead of the $700 requested.
- Performances – Mary Jo Engels made a motion to accept Robin O’Herin Tap and Blues for August 20, 2019 at the Knox Trail Inn. Ilisa Sulner seconded the motion.
- Donations – Seven applications were accepted for donations, amounts to be determined
at the next (and final) voting meeting.
- Other business – Kathy Adams is collecting for the children’s holiday sale at Farmington River School. Contributed items may be left at the school office labeled with her name.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:40PM
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 28, 2018