OTIS CULTURAL COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of October 18, 2017
Attendees: Arlene Tolopko, Jeanne Randorf, Deb Fogel, Mary Jo Engels, Ilisa Sulner, Robert Turnbough, Shanon Albee, Vicky Ernst
Absentees: Joan Basis, Mary Anne Cicchillo, Carole Lombardo, Ilona Packie, Diane Provenz
- Meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM
- Minutes of the meeting of August 16, 2017
Minutes of the meeting of August 16, 2017, 2017 were approved.
- Financial Report – Shanon Albee gave the financial report and made a few suggestions which would make her reporting easier.
- Chair reports
- Jeanne Randorf presented a State of MA budget report and inquired if everyone received MA Creative e-mails and activities. The committee responded affirmatively.
- Upcoming changes in our committee:
- Jeanne Randorf’s time as committee chair is expiring. The committee nominated and voted to elect Ilisa Sulner as committee chair and Arlene Tolopko as co-chair. Both accepted.
- Vicki Ernst has agreed to stay on as Grant Secretary and Tag Sale coordinator. Robert Turnbough will assist with the Tag Sale.
- Diane Provenz will remain as Sup-N-Swing Coordinator.
- Anastasia Stanmeyer will continue to help with public relations on social media. Ilona Packie will continue to help with flyers.
- Recycling report –
The recycling team continues to be understaffed.
- 2017 Events
- Arts Festival
Deb Fogel reported good traffic. Music helped. Vendors seemed happy. The committee is reviewing the date of the festival for next year.
- Pillow Stuffing was cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Concert series discussion – Because of reduced committee size, it is believed that the committee should refocus their efforts. Arlene Tolopko suggested that the committee not plan concerts for 2018 since the Knox Trail Inn is also providing weekend music for the community. Mary Jo Engels made a motion to temporarily defer our concert series and revisit it next year. It was seconded by Shanon Albee. Motion carried.
- Review of Proposed Grants for 2018
- Youth Programs – Sixteen youth program grant applications were reviewed and discussed by the committee. Ilisa Sulner made a motion to approve all youth programs with the exception of Michael Flower, a photography program due to its cost. The motion was carried.
- Workshops – The Quilt Guild of Otis workshop program. Shanon Albee made a motion to accept the program. It was approved.
- Performance grant applications and donations were postponed until the next meeting.
The next meeting will be held November 8, 2017 at 6 PM. PLEASE NOTE NEW TIME.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM
Mary J. Engels, Recording Secretary